+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Short answer - NO.

Long answer - HELL NO!!
    Last edited by TimeForWine; 20-05-2014 at 14:15.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (20-05-2014),sunnyflower  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No never ok. My dad cheated on my mum with a work colleague. Both were married, she had 5 young kids my dad had my sister and I.... both knew about each other's families and exactly who they were hurting but didn't give a ****. 10 years on I have forgiven but will always be so sad and disgusted that another woman could knowingly do that to my beautiful mother let alone my dad.

Maybe I am clouded by what I was put through at 16 but I will honestly never understand...
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 20-05-2014 at 14:13.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinoChino View Post
    As someone who's just found out I am the wife who's husband had the affair with a so called woman who knew he was married and had children. No it is never ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope there is no excuse or an ok.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
    Dr. Seuss
    Still mummy to Agnes Ronald and Beryl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been in the situation where I have been very unhappy in a relationship and very tempted by another guy. So I went home, talked with my then bf and broke it off. Didn't go for the other guy cause I didn't really like him, was just craving the attention he provided. I do understand the feelings but there is a right way to go about it imo. If someone feels a connection to someone in a relationship they have the moral responsibility to back off and let them sort out their issues or end it. Most of the blame does lay with the one in the relationship but everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions too.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

MerinoChino  (20-05-2014),Purple Lily  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deleted. Wrote something snarky but then reconsidered
    Last edited by grumpybump; 20-05-2014 at 14:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    No never ok. My dad cheated on my mum with a work colleague. Both were married, she had 5 young kids my dad had my sister and I.... both knew about each other's families and exactly who they were hurting but didn't give a ****. 10 years on I have forgiven but will always be so sad and disgusted that another woman could knowingly do that to my beautiful mother let alone my dad.

Maybe I am clouded by what I was put through at 16 but I will honestly never understand...
    I went through the exact same thing at 16. This woman came over to our house to talk to my mum. Mum remained calm and decided to let her in. The woman explained her actions with something along the lines of 'we have needs' well my mum lost her **** and screamed at her that we have needs too, we need our family and kids need their father, get your needs elsewhere. And shoved her out the door again (I was quite proud of my mum cause she's usually very timid lol).
    It's made me pretty untrusting in life now ,though they're still together and we have all moved on. I don't know if I could forgive and move on if my partner did it, I couldn't live with the distrust eating away

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinoChino View Post
    As someone who's just found out I am the wife who's husband had the affair with a so called woman who knew he was married and had children. No it is never ok.
    How devastating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    How devastating.
    It was and is, worst part is he claims that he was as happy as I was and it was just a moment of weakness. I'm living a nightmare, the only thing I said to him that would be worse is if we lost a child. That is the only thing that would be worse than my best friend and lover no longer being either MilkingMaid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read all the replies but in answer to the OP's question - NO I don't think it's ever ok.

I do think certain relationships can overcome the hurt of cheating but it's rare.

As to those who say the other party is not to blame or at fault, sorry but that's a load of bull****! Of course they are to blame and are at fault ( if they knew the man / woman was married)!

It takes two to tango as they say, yes they may not have any moral obligation to the person being cheated on, but they are still to blame.

The hurt and anger would be towards the cheating husband or wife yes, but you can't tell me you wouldn't be ****ed off with the 'other woman / man' after all, if for eg he/she was pursuing the married person, of course they would hold some accountability, especially if they knew he/she was married or in a relationship.

No one likes to be cheated on! Cheaters should really put the shoe on the other foot and imagine what it feels like to be cheated on. It sucks!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

penny92  (20-05-2014),Purple Lily  (20-05-2014)