+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    It's definitely a sliding scale but if I ruled out friendships with people who didn't share all my moral judgments and values I'd have far fewer friends. I have friends who voted for Tony Abbott and quite frankly I struggle with that just as much.
    I understand and agree to an extent. Our friends will always say and do things that maybe don't fit with our morals. But I think it really depends on bottom lines for each person. One person may find CIO so abhorrent they couldn't be friends with someone that did it, others may not like it but stay friends. Others may refuse to maintain a friendship with a drug user, or someone that was rorting CL while others would.

I guess for some, their bottom lines don't include keeping people in their life that sleep with other married people. I don't think there is really a right or wrong answer tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope. Never ok in my opinion. Just imagine how you would feel if someone did it to you and then decide if you can do that to someone else. Pretty much sums it up as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No it's not ok for either party. If you are unhappy / unsatisfied in your relationship then either work on it or get out before you go messing about.
    And married people who actively pursue relationships outside the marriage? Disgusting human brings.
    I've posted about this stuff before- thanks for raising the issue op. interesting read.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to made2bAmummy For This Useful Post:

MerinoChino  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok I'll answer OPs initial question - the only time it is 100% ok is with Channing Tatum ... I'm selfish like that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Ok I'll answer OPs initial question - the only time it is 100% ok is with Channing Tatum ... I'm selfish like that.
    So true. If only he wasn't so damn committed. :-(

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope never.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I understand and agree to an extent. Our friends will always say and do things that maybe don't fit with our morals. But I think it really depends on bottom lines for each person. One person may find CIO so abhorrent they couldn't be friends with someone that did it, others may not like it but stay friends. Others may refuse to maintain a friendship with a drug user, or someone that was rorting CL while others would.

I guess for some, their bottom lines don't include keeping people in their life that sleep with other married people. I don't think there is really a right or wrong answer tbh.
    I wasn't saying there is. Just giving my point of view from having been in that position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I wasn't saying there is. Just giving my point of view from having been in that position.
    Yeah I know. I was more just reinforcing your point that everyone has their own bottom lines for what they will and won't accept in a friend. For you it was something you could move past, some can't. As I said there no right or wrong answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As someone who's just found out I am the wife who's husband had the affair with a so called woman who knew he was married and had children. No it is never ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think if ALL of us treated each other with the same respect as we would like others to treat us I think this world would be a better place.

In my observation over the years watching other people, relationships built on lies and cheating NEVER flourish or go the distance .

It's NEVER worth the angst these selfish people put their loved ones through...