+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    He probably is right. But a physical check may have been helpful too.
    Of course. I just didn't want to worry you. I think a full blood count should be done too .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I often had palpitations and this sense of beating too fast. January last year I was folding washing and it truly went crazy, DH got me off the floor and tried to take it manually but lost count. It seemed to settle down but then it happened at DS school one morning, I had to just sit on a bench and pretend it wasn't happening, I just sat there clutching my chest and deep breathing, no one paid any attention. It then started to be more frequent and lasting longer. The worst was when it happened when I was out with DD and I panicked and got her in the car and drive home. I rang DH from the car and told him to keep talking to us, I thought it was all over, should never have got in the car, should have called an ambulance. I had already downloaded some dodgy heart rate free app and managed to take my heart rate after I stopped the car and it was 186bpm for no reason. It stayed like that for another 10mins so I guess that was the longest episode that lasted all up about. 30mins. That was it, I went to the doctor and showed them the reading on my phone and demanded a referral, was operated on within two weeks of seeing the cardiologist, would have been within the week but I got a cold.

I still get the odd skips and pauses but they assure me it's fine, doesn't feel fine but I guess at some point I have to trust them that it's ok.
    Hmmmm I get similar episodes. It just goes so fast!!! Sometimes for ten minutes, longest was an hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Hmmmm I get similar episodes. It just goes so fast!!! Sometimes for ten minutes, longest was an hour.
    Best thing to do is get a monitor to do your heart rate or go and get a 24hr monitor from the doctor. You can get the sensation of it going too fast but it's not really dangerous fast just faster than normal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im now am advocate for seeing a different gp if not happy. I was diagnosed with depression for a year when it was migraines and I still suffered through taking anti depressants. Feel angry that I didnt take it further and get a second opinion so if ur not happy go see a diff doc maybe different practice