+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Online students, where do you go to study?

Hi all, I'm enrolled into an online diploma of interior design and I've not properly started yet.

it consists of 12 modules which all have readings and assignments and I just can't focus at home as I get too distracted.

i want to dedicate 1 night a week from say 7:30 until 9:30, but I'm unsure if I should go to a coffee shop, cafe, library (though they all close at 8pm), pub, somewhere else?

What at does everyone else do if you don't study at home? What works for you and why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do my readings on the train, other than that I pretty much study at home when DD is in bed.

I've gone to the library once or twice, studied while waiting for my car to be washed, in a cafe with another local student when we were working on an assignment... I pretty much try to use any time that I'll be waiting around for something. I need to dedicate more than 2hrs though so need to spread it out across the week.

Do you have a study or an area at home you can shut off and be left alone? It helps to have a dedicated space if studying at home is a challenge.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't have kids when I studied but I did have a full time job. I finished my degree online with Deakin Uni and they were fantastic.
    I did my best reading on the couch in jamas on days off from work or the weekend. Anywhere else just didn't work for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All sorts of places. Given that dd is only 6 weeks old and exclusively breastfed so can't be away from me yet, I have had to get creative with my study options. Especially now that ds is on school holidays and I have an assignment due on Monday. I have my laptop on next to my bed all night so when dd wakes for night feeds I can do bits and pieces then, or dh will take the kids for a walk around the block/to the park so I can get stuff done, or I take my work to an indoor play centre so ds can play and I just hope that dd will sleep, or if I find that dd is having a good day sleep at any point I take that opportunity to put a movie on for ds while I get some done.. It's a bit of a juggle, but given that I am in my final year I really just want it done!