+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Midwifery student looking for women who plan to birth at Nambour General Hospital

Hi, my name is Rachael. I am a Registered Nurse and I am studying a Graduate Diploma of Midwifery through Central Queensland University in partnership with Nambour General Hospital.

A requirement of the midwifery program is that I provide Continuity of Care (CoC) to 20 women during the course of their pregnancy. To achieve this it is expected that I will spend 10-20 hours with each CoC women throughout their pregnancy, labour, birth and early parenthood (up to six weeks).

Participating in the CoC program would mean that I would attend a minimum of three antenatal appointments with you, be present for your labour and birth and visit with you twice within four weeks of your baby’s birth. I will observe and participate in the provision of care only with your consent and under the supervision of a qualified midwife or doctor. This will allow me to provide you with continuous supportive care throughout your pregnancy which is proven to be beneficial to both you and your baby.

To participate in the CoC program with me you must be due between 21 February 2015 and 12 April 2015 and planning to birth your baby at Nambour General Hospital.

The CoC program is completely cost free and taking part is voluntary. If you do sign up to the program and later decide it is not for you you can withdraw at any time.

Cheers,
    Rachael.
    Last edited by Midwifery Student Nambour; 24-09-2014 at 10:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I would be interested if you are still needing people. I am currently 9 weeks with a singleton and plan on birthing at Nambour general hospital. I am also vbac after twins 6yrs ago

please let me know if you still require someone or maybe if you know someone who does, thanks

Rachel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Unfortunately, you are due 3-4 weeks before I complete my course but I need to be able to support you until 6 weeks after your birth. There are plenty of midwifery students at Nambour General so I suggest that when you go there for your booking in appointment you let the midwife know that you are interested in having a student follow your pregnancy. They won't have any trouble finding someone for you!

Congratulations and good luck