+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also have two RLT cups (each made with two tea bags, so 4 bags total) per day since 32 weeks. No magic in that start date however, it was just when I got around to buying some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    Last preg I didn't have an internal until my waters broke at 37 weeks - I was already 5cm dilated and had a 3 hour labour with 1 hour and 20 mins of that pushing (including a 'rest phase' between transition and pushing). So less than 2 hours to dilate 5cm. That was my first baby so I can't know for sure if it was just my body or if the EPO helped, but it is enough of a chance that I was willing to do it again this time!

This time around we were discussing my SPD/PGP at 33 weeks and she said if I haven't gone into labour by my 37 week appt she'd be happy to do an internal and discuss a membrane sweep. At my 35 week appt I wasn't feeling desperate, but now at 36 weeks the pelvic pain has upped to a whole new level and I know I will be requesting that internal (and the S&S if things are ripe!). I'm at the stage where I can only sleep propped upright on the lounge, after two panadiene forte, which is not ideal for baby at all. It's one of those risk vs risk situations.

There will be some that argue against your 'no harm done' as there is one small study indicating EPO contact in the birth canal can increase the likelihood of eczema. There is also the 'introducing germs' argument, however I think it's no different to DTD or having a fish around up there yourself.

When are you due?
    Yeah im not sure if raspberry leaf tablets helped or not last time- 30 minutes from first contraction to birth. My others were quite fast too- first was 7 hours first contraction to birth but would have been faster if I wasnt made to have an epidural, I went from 0 to 5cm dilated in less than half an hour. My second was 2 hours first contraction to birth. The midwife said I wasnt even in labour so sent me away, 45 minutes later dd2 was born! And I never tried anything with them.

Im due any day now

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014) + sil (1997)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where can you buy raspberry leaf tea?? I just had a look at Coles but no go..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got organic raspberry loose leaf tea from adoretea.com.au
    It only took a couple of days to arrive.

Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMoon View Post
    I got organic raspberry loose leaf tea from adoretea.com.au
    It only took a couple of days to arrive.

Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013
    Thanks! When do you think is best to start drinking it? I'm 31 weeks.. First pregnancy too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    Thanks! When do you think is best to start drinking it? I'm 31 weeks.. First pregnancy too
    You can also buy the tablets- this is what I did as I hated the tea. I got mine from a health food shop but im pretty sure ive seen them at the chemist too.

My midwife recommended starting it at 36 weeks.
    me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014) + sil (1997)
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 27-04-2014 at 11:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    Where can you buy raspberry leaf tea?? I just had a look at Coles but no go..
    Health food stores sell it

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took it I think from 38 weeks. I think it worked ok as whilst my cirvex was still closed at 40+6 it was soft and short

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sigh. So tired of being pregnant, can't believe I potentially have another 5 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I started at 32 weeks. Midwife said that was fine. She went by the Australian Colllege of Midwifes Association guidelines.

OP also eat fresh pineapple. I ate three in a week and both my DD arrived early.

Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013