Closed Thread
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    Well, I am hoping for today that my boss doesn't make me !! He has no patience, and is making mine wear VERY VERY THIN!

no such luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    12 weeks today yay finally! NT scan tomorrow... Getting nervous about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just had the 12w scan. Bubs is looking good and is v low risk (which we knew anyway from the verify test). The only thing is it has only 1 rather than 2 arteries in the umbilical cord (it's called SUA which stands for single uterine artery). It can be associated with kidney, heart, skeletal and intestinal abnormalities and although everything else looked fine, they said they will be able to tell us more after the 19w scan. It is also associated with preterm labour and reduced growth in the 3rd trimester which means some additional monitoring in the 3rd tri (though I don't think it's possible to get much more monitoring than I am, not that I'm complaining!). I asked the ultrasonographer if the artery would just "appear" by the 19w scan and she said "no, it's either there or it's not". We then had to meet with the genetic Dr to discuss it and he said it's not definitely SUA as sometimes it can just be hard to visualise the 2 arteries at this stage, that made me feel heaps better until he gave me a copy of the report that says SUA! So who knows, time will tell I suppose and even if it is SUA it could still be perfectly fine and presumably it's a good sign they didn't find any other abnormalities. Anyway here's a pic of out beautiful bub...

image.jpg
    Last edited by misti; 04-06-2014 at 11:46.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misti For This Useful Post:

stillfuntryin  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misti - gorgeous pic!!! That's interesting about the SUA.. hope it sorts itself out for you!!!

ahh finally a win! two actually...
    So my sister helped my Dad find the heirloom bassinet yesterday!!! WIN!

And I have convinced my Dad to go on a once in a lifetime opportunity - his neighbour is going on a camping trip to WA/NT... and asked him to go.. He's finally admitted he wants to go and says he will!!!! Woot!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

misti  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting onto the subject of ignorant people, Just after DH and I found out i was pregnant we went out to dinner with some friend who were preggers, they are that disappointed they were having a girl they said " we will just do IVF next" like its just as easy as that! For a start i don't know too many doctors who will perform IVF on a fertile couple, second you can't just gender select in australia, and third do they really think IVF is such a breeze! I really couldn't believe what i heard and almost felt insulted because they thought IVF was just a easy option! SOME PEOPLE!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tell you what after 10 years of doing IVF and still no baby it is definitely not easy.

I just told told my MIL about the SUA and she said "oh well at least it's got a cord and given your age and the fact that it's been frozen it's a wonder that that's all that's wrong with it"!! My MIL is lovely and she means well but WTF! She even knows we used DE's!! She then went to great lengths to tell me that no one on their side of the family has ever had anything like that - sheesh! I think we probably all could have benefited from her taking a moment before she talked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep getting the "oh well it will happen naturally next time..." umm no.. not unless by some miracle of all miracles, my tubes unblock themselves!!! and after explaining this, they still think that it could happen... My MIL (as much as I love her) is one of these people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg ladies my dad sounds just like all your mil! Luckily mine is wonderful but my dad and older sis are all "just relax" and "aren't you too young?" I mean c'mon I'm 26! I'm not that young, my sis is 30 and is in the mind set of not wanting kids till she is at least 40 - I tried to warn her that she has the same condition as me and she can't wait, but she never listens. People are so silly! We need a booklet we can slap at them and say not a word more till you read! (In saying that most won't even take it in or change their opinions! Grr!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe some people!! Bow I get that too about it happening naturally! Um yeah my tubes aren't going to magically unblock!

Congrats on a cute scan misti I hope the SUA isn't too serious.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

misti  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week