Closed Thread
Page 77 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @frenchy81… yes it was $500 all up for the two cots (and mattresses), $599 for the mountain buggy duet (which was as cheap as I have seen it for online by the time you account for postage) and also some lovencare change tables (x2) for $150 each. All in all we were pretty happy with the prices.

on another note...15 wks scan this wednesday…. the OB told us we would be able to find out the sex(es) too, so we are pretty excited!! i can't wait to find out, and perhaps get a little clue as to whether the twins are identical or fraternal (B/G = fraternal; B/B or G/G could still be either)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll have to check it out, thanks for the heads up @frenchy81! I live 15 mins away from there
    Yes I was tired too, doesn't help that I'm sick at the moment as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @90Bayside great snap up on the bargains!! Having twins is just plain expensive!!!! I don't think I would be able to justify half of the things I bought for this baby if we had twins (we threw away the other baby stuff I had since DD as it's over 5 years old and just cheap cots/prams etc).

I don't know about you girls, but I'm already stressing about child care costs! 100 a day EACH!!! We're going to have two in child care at the same time when I got back to work (DS1 will be 4,and this baby will be 1). DD is in after school care for a few hours before I finish work, so there's extra costs there too.

Started packing my hospital bag, just bits and pieces as I remember them. Ladies don't forget to get a few maternity packs for after the birth- you'll need it! I think I bled heavy for about 4/6 weeks?!?!
    @stillfuntryin - I feel bad that you live so far away !!! BUT you have online shopping!!! There are quite a few sales going on, so have a look around?
    Last edited by frenchy81; 25-05-2014 at 11:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ELM13- don't tell me you got sick with the flu?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frenchy81 packing the hospital bag already! You're so organised, I love it!
    Started as a dry cough a few days ago and now I'm coughing up stuff. Going to go to dr's tomorrow. Don't think there is anything I can really take though. It's worst at night and I've been sleeping on the lounge so I'm sitting upright and don't wake DH up too much. Hoping it goes away soon! Doesn't help that I work in childcare and there's a few kids sick at the moment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frenchy81…DH and I have been investigating the possibility of an au pair. It is relatively inexpensive (compared with childcare costs), and we have a granny flat off the garage (accessed internally), so our house is perfectly set up for it. Average costs look ago be around $200-$300 per week (plus agency sign on fees and hidden costs of living for extra adult).

On the upside, it does give you a bit more flexibility in terms of getting to/from work etc, its cost effective, your kids stay in their home environment…I'm really liking the idea.

Anyone else considered this as an option?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ELM13 you poor thing! That's disastrous!! Working in child care doesn't help does it?

I'm hoping I'm going to avoid it ... Got very sick whilst 8 weeks preggers! For 2 weeks!

Just heaps of fluids and Panadol if achy/ fever. IF it's viral, then antibotics is safe to take whilst pregnant. I hope you get better soon!
    @90Bayside - I love your idea!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=frenchy81;7788994]Bow Ties Are Cool - you have the silver cross elegance sleepover right? (One of the few you have????) well, you know how I was getting the emmaljunga for about 1700 (sale price) but went to baby kingdom last week and saw the silver cross in cream and black ....and swapped our prams! It was on sale for $1000, so we wanted to save that $700 in price difference for essentially the same thing! Thanks for bringing my attention to it! I'm so happy with my silver cross!!!!/QUOTE]

Well done!! The new ones do look stunning!! Can't wait to use mine!!!

No expo here but there was a few baby markets on today in Newcastle. I spent $93 total and here's my loot!!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401018669.551604.jpg

Manual (un-used if course) Breast pump, white cot bumper, bassinet sheets, waffle wrap, cot net, & roll over bumpers.

This lot was from the second hand markets.
    Next door had the crafty new stuff, gorgeous but way overpriced. And I headed there was a 3rd one as a "boot sale".

Super happy withy scores. Will go back again next time for sure!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ELM13 Hope you are feeling better soon, Im coming down with something but compared to what you're going through.
    @Bow Ties Are Cool, looks like a lovely stash! Ive been so keen to head for markets but figure Ill hold off as long as possible!

DH's mum has kindly offered to buy our pram (mountain buggy cosmopolitan) thats a nice chuck of my budget I can now spend on other lovelies for JJ.

Pretty sure Ive felt him kick a few times now, nice big pop feelings every once and a while the last few days. Cant wait for DH to be able to feel.

Struggling with lunch meals atm, cooked up Tuna and mushroom pasta bake today for this week but dying for some subway or sushi!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got test results of the NT scan/bloods finally!

Basics, low risk.

Heart Rate: 158bpm
    NT thickness: 2.2mm
    Free BhCG: 1.299mOM
    PAPP-A: 2.606Mom

Trisomy 21: 1:1556 (on a background risk of 1:354)
    Trisomy 18: 1:15,595 (on a background risk of 1:828)
    Trisomy 13: <1:20,000 (on a background risk of 1:2607)

Dr is happy with my progress, and if I have any more migraine issues to go back and see him and he will see what else we can do. He gave me a back up script for panadeine forte in the meantime.