Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklemonkey For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    @stillfuntryin they sound pretty good!

Sorry for the me me me post, but I need to get this out.

So for the past 3 years, my mother and I have not spoken and not been on good terms. Basically, I got tired of her games, she hurt me and I called her on it and she didn't like that.
    Tuesday was my Dad's bday, and they went to my sister's for dinner. My sister thought she would "introduce" her to our baby. She started off with the photo of the 5 day old embryo, and then moved to the 8 week scan and then the 12weeks. All the while mother was interested and then she asked who's it was.....
    "that's your new grandchild".

Well... she snapped, slapped the phone away from her, and started huffing, puffing and grumbling. Nasty like.

I never expected anything she did could ever hurt me again. But it has.

How can a mother, treat their child like this? HOW???

This has cemented that she will never have ANYTHING to do with us or our children. Her loss, our gain as our children will never know such nastiness or negativity that only she can display.
    It's way more common than you think my nan and I have no relationship anymore due to her and my mum falling out my mum adored her mum and always chased her for love but my nan is abit of a head case and has always had something against my mum she is no longer a part of our lives it's sad but it does happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Gorgeous scan ELM!

Sent from my GT-P5110

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    cool scan elm fingers crossed that low lying placenta moves up and out of the way. I had pp with my dd

afm i am after some words of hope from those who have been having bleeds. Had a really big bleed this afternoon and still bleeding now. Went straight to the fs/ob who scanned me and still have a strong heartbeat and all looking fine. He cld c an area of fluid that may b the cause and ordered me to stay on bed rest for the next few days - which will b interesting to say the least with a 2 1/2 yo!! How have u guys coped and those that have still experienced bleeds r they large or small but constant sorry if tmi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Littleoneplusone For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    TMI ALERT

Littleone, sorry you're having to go through this.
    My first bleed was @ 6+3 and awful but I honestly think it was a MC of one of the embryos transferred. It lasted about 5 hours, Painful cramps, bright red blood and big clots and some grey bits, at one point I went to the loo and stuff just fell out of me. I cramped mildly for an hour or so after that but felt much better. Only spotting the next day.
    Last Fri 8+5 with my second bit of bleeding it was a bit of bright red blood when I wiped for about an hour. It went after that, I had a bit of cramping bthat was pretty mild. I've had no spotting/bleeding since. I've also stopped clexane after that first bleed. My OB thinks my bleeding now is implantation bleeding.
    How bad is it? Are you cramping too?
    I was on bedrest for 10 days... taking it very easy now too. If you've seen the hb etc with the OB it should be fine
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    @elm what a beautiful pic of your bubs, such a cutie!

@littleplusone sorry to hear you're having trouble with bleeds. I have been bleeding since Good Fri. I think in that time I've had 4 or 5 days that would be classified as spotting, the rest has been bleeding, filling 3-4 pads a day (sorry for the tmi) normally it's dark / brownish but a few times it has a been red. I was hospitalised once for 2 days last wk when it was really bad and I've just gotten back from hospital today after having an iron infusion (the 2nd one I've needed in the last 2 wks). My iron is very low bc of all the blood loss and today my BP wouldn't get above 105/48 so that is starting to be an issue as well. Despite all of this our little bean seems to be doing fine and is a couple of days ahead on size measurements with a strong and normal heart rate.

So you can have bleeding with a baby that continues to develop well but obviously I've got a long way to go and it still freaks me out, I'm having scans twice a week (I've got one tomorrow) & with all the blood loss I get terrified before each scan that the baby has died. I am also finding it hard to look further than one day ahead as it all seems so uncertain. As a result we haven't told anyone I'm utd and I haven't looked at anything for bubs, nursery, or regarding labour yet. So obviously I don't have the answer regarding being ok with bleeding because for me anyway it never stops being scary and the only time I feel like I relax is when I'm watching our little bean during the scans. The only advice I can give is take it one day at a time and if you are freaking out call your obs

best of luck
    misti xx
    Last edited by misti; 15-05-2014 at 19:49.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misti For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (15-05-2014),emski72  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM13 View Post
    Had my 19 week scan today, all good except for low lying placenta but apparently that's normal for now and will resolve itself. Off to the OB next thurs Attachment 54589
    Adorable !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandale1727 For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sparklemonkey I have had those cramp type pains too, I put it down to the uterus growing and stretching and from what I've read it is normal

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Sparklemonkey  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx so much for sharing guys
    @emski72 not tmi for me thx for that. I didn't have any cramping at all and still really haven't. There have been a couple of little twinges but only now cause I'm looking for them I think. TMI alert here too!! I had a gush early this arvo and thought it could have been my pessary as sometimes I will lose a bit of it afterwards (am on three a day) but I hadn't had my lunch time one yet so knew it wasn't going to b good. I have continued to bleed this arvo filled prob four pads so far. All pretty bright red. I am 7 wks today and only had one to trfr out of nine eggs at epu so can't b another emby. Fingers crossed all will b well. Have been advised to stop cld and aspirin and feldene and on bed rest for the next couple of days at a min.
    @misti so sorry you have had such a terrible time of it - so thx v much for sharing. Have they worked out why u r bleeding so much? Even if they do I can imagine it being a day to day struggle esp to keep a positive mindset. It was not a good trip to the drs today and will prob call tomorrow if it hasn't stopped. Good to hear they r at least scanning you regularly so u don't go completely insane - I remember it being hard enough to get through a week to scan for my dd and that was without bleeds ....well until 28 wks that is!!

Thx again girls great to get ur thoughts and words of wisdom. Positive vibes for us all xxx