Closed Thread
Page 55 of 98 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Wishnhope - sad indeed. Hardest part is I am very close with my Dad. THough he is absolutely ready to leave her, he's just "stuck" as they have been married for 45 years. He doesn't want to feel like he's just throwing that all away.

Even my siblings can't stand her, and esp after everything she's now done to me. My brother sadly needs her for babysitting my nephew, else they wouldn't have a bar of her. And my sister only speaks/sees her when she has to.

She's going to end up a very lonely old woman.

Here's another bit of how nasty she is. My Dad, who just turned 69, had a heart attack a few years back. She forced him to go back to full time work - in the mines no less... and all she has ever done is gripe and moan about how she doesn't have her house (they have been living in a shed since 1993 while my dad worked his rear end off trying to pay the bills and put food on the table), yet she has not worked a day in her life since she had my brother. Who is 42.
    He finally retired just before xmas, and now all she has done is whinge about how she still doesn't have her house, and that she has to go on newstart allowance and look for a job because she is not of retirement age!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow Bow ties that is rude, my farther and i have a terrible relationship and he wants to be apart of the babies life and repair our relationship, i said i was open to it but I'm not sure how much i really am!
    Thanks for the links girls! I was on a site yesterday that had this chat box that kept coming up asking if i want help, i ended up leaving cause it was annoying the hell out of me!!
    Last edited by stillfuntryin; 15-05-2014 at 10:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    Oh wow Bow ties that is rude, my farther and i have a terrible relationship and he wants to be apart of the babies life and repair our relationship, i said i was open to it but I'm not sure how much i really am!
    Thanks for the links girls! I was on a site yesterday that had this chat box that kept coming up asking if i want help, i ended up leaving cause it was annoying the hell out of me!!

Ooh I hate those boxes!!!! Don't forget you can always take that $$ from the site and take it to an actual store to match.

Sorry for the rant ladies.. just needed to get it off my chest. Onwards and upwards to maintaining positive vibes and happiness around me. The trash has been put to the curb with the garbage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    @stillfuntryin they sound pretty good!

Sorry for the me me me post, but I need to get this out.

So for the past 3 years, my mother and I have not spoken and not been on good terms. Basically, I got tired of her games, she hurt me and I called her on it and she didn't like that.
    Tuesday was my Dad's bday, and they went to my sister's for dinner. My sister thought she would "introduce" her to our baby. She started off with the photo of the 5 day old embryo, and then moved to the 8 week scan and then the 12weeks. All the while mother was interested and then she asked who's it was.....
    "that's your new grandchild".

Well... she snapped, slapped the phone away from her, and started huffing, puffing and grumbling. Nasty like.

I never expected anything she did could ever hurt me again. But it has.

How can a mother, treat their child like this? HOW???

This has cemented that she will never have ANYTHING to do with us or our children. Her loss, our gain as our children will never know such nastiness or negativity that only she can display.
    Bows, I firmly believe that some mothers aren't really built for motherhood. For your mother to do that, that is absolutely cold and not what YOU as a mother, would ever dream of doing to your child.

I understand your pain, I haven't spoken to mine in over 8 years. She has never seen or met my two kids, nor will she ever. Sometimes one person, especially your own mother, can only hurt you so many times when you really need to sit down and think, do you want that kind of hurt in your life and children's lives in the future? I decided way before I had kids, that I couldn't, and cut her off completely. Now that I'm a mum, I know that that decision I made do long ago, is the right one because I could never hurt or treat my daughter like that.

Try not to think if it, she's the one losing out, not you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @frenchy81 - YOu are so right. And we had made the choice ages ago.. After we had to step in and put my dog down (who was living with my parents at the time) - she'd been having fits and seizures for 2 weeks prior and didn't even tell me. She was my world. Prior to this, she'd had my cat put down and told me in the middle of an email, and even then I had to read between the lines to work out what she was actually saying!!!

I guess deep down I just thought there might have been some glimmer of hope. Funny thing is, she has ALWAYS put her own mother down.. She's far worse than her in my opinion.

Anywho. LIke I said. Onwards, and upwards. I have the rest of my very loving family. and All of DH's family. I am one lucky lady.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my 19 week scan today, all good except for low lying placenta but apparently that's normal for now and will resolve itself. Off to the OB next thurs ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1400133190.604638.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

stillfuntryin  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice shot @ELM13!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question for those around the 17-18 week mark. I've been having pains in my lower pelvic region sort of cramp type stretches. Should I be concerned or is it normal?! I'm a bit paranoid as I had a dream the other night that I went into labor now and it really scared me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM13 View Post
    Had my 19 week scan today, all good except for low lying placenta but apparently that's normal for now and will resolve itself. Off to the OB next thurs Attachment 54589
    Are you having a surprise @ELM13?