Closed Thread
Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Zimbaby - is the show on now??? Lol
    @Rarah11 - I don't want her to come. I have always looked after myself and I don't want her to come out of a sense of obligation. I want her to come because she is genuinely happy for us and wants to spend time with her grandson (and her other grandchildren too).

I just don't want to overreact and was wondering if it's just my hormones?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frenchy81 it does sound like there is a lot of favouritism there for the daughter unfortunately. Does DH brothers also live away from their mother?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @ELM13 - 3 of them live away from her, the other brother lives within 45mins drive. Apparently her daughter lives about the same distance away, and both go to the town where the brother lives so they can go shopping and do their big grocery shop. However, the mother never goes and see that son that lives there, and she sometimes goes there twice a week. He is very sick, health wise ever since he was a kid. He tells me that he can't go to hospital sometimes when he feels really sick because he can't afford the 50 taxi home as she won't go and pick him up from hospital.

It's unbelievable!

I can never treat my daughter different to my son!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    FINALLY! Hospital has my papers... Didn't like today's desk nurse as much as yesterday's!

So, they will not see me until I am 14 weeks, so will have to go for my NT scan/bloods separate. Even though yesterday's Nurse agreed with me being IVF and wanting to have everything from here on out strictly with them!

Lucky I already have the referrals from Genea! So.. all booked in for 8.30am on the 7th May for my NT Scan!!!
    Same thing happened to me ! Which made my reconsider the whole hospital sucks that we have to wait that long to be in their care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Lashed! Another Perthie!! Really hoping you get your rainbow bubba
    @frenchy81 Your MIL sounds incredibly rude and I definitely wouldnt want her in your son's life! Hoping she's makes more effort in future.

AFM Verifi Test booked for Monday - DH and I decided no matter the risk. The "What ifs" will be the death of me otherwise

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Lashed  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishnhope - why are you booking the verifi test may I ask? I thought you've done the NT scan/tests already and just waiting for results???

Thanks for ur advice about MIL - I don't want to come off as a b***h . DH is really upset, he can't even bring himself to talk to her about it as he says she will just make up excuses and he doesn't want to hear it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frenchy81 that's terrible
    It's not worth stressing over, she sounds like she is very set in her ways. Hope you and DH can find a happy medium with her xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ELM13 -thanks elm! Hey you are one of the leading pregnancy in the group.....any flutters yet????

I have felt him moving already, but I thinks it's due to the fact that it's my third baby and my tummy is pretty used to bring stretched etc lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post
    @Wishnhope - why are you booking the verifi test may I ask? I thought you've done the NT scan/tests already and just waiting for results???
    The main reason is peace of mind. If i had known we could have done it prior to the NT I would have.
    We have a previous history of turners syndrome (a sex chromosome abnormality) which is our main fuelling point that something could be wrong again. Not to mention by the time we got results next Thursday if they indicated a high risk we would have to do the Verifi anyway and wouldnt get those results for 14 days (4 days til I could do the test plus 10 days for the Verifi) I would have gone nuts by then.

Im beyond paranoid after our previous loss (that had two chromosomal abnormalities) and wont be convinced everything is ok until I have that bit of paper.

If its low risk then nothing lost at least we will know bubs sex and I can be confident that bubba is going to be ok.
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 24-04-2014 at 21:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Lashed! I am also from Perth, there's a few of us!
    @Wishnhope nice pics! My bump looks similar, I have put on 2kg so far (thankyou meat pie craving, I hardly ever ate them before!) I think you asked a while ago about online clothes and meant to say if you are still looking there is a Perth designer jham that I buy from. Not maternity but a lot are loose enough in style to wear with a bump! Often have sales online but not sure where they're stocked if you wanted to try on. Hope your NT results come through soon.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

Lashed  (24-04-2014),Wishnhope  (24-04-2014)