Closed Thread
Page 22 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @90Bayside sorry to hear of your loss. Be some nice news for your family then. and of course you'd have a go, we did too, maybe it was that that worked and not the IVF, who knows! (although unlikely!) How many weeks will you be when you have the NT scan? I did my bloods earlier this week and our scan is bang on 12 weeks (13 May) but I hate waiting! Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

90Bayside  (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    LOW RISK!!!! Sooo freaking happy!!!

Just made our facebook announcement with this pic
    Attachment 53706
    Wish, that's a fantastic announcement! And congrats on the test results!!! Yeah!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rj85 View Post
    Wishnhope great news hun!! Love love your facebook annoucement!! So cute

Megs- I had pretty mild symptoms and mine were around from about 7weeks til 14 weeks, but like Bayside said, unfortuntely twins tend to give you more MS symptoms

Bayside- were your twins from a single embie??? Or did you conceive a second on your own!!

By the chinese calendar posted I'm having a girl, but other chinese calendars say boy (I turned 29 the day of my transfer), and I get a girl with the ring test. My intuition says boy but DH is sure its a girl. and by your earlier prediction frenchy- we had a 5 day hatching blast we should have a boy on board.
    Only one week til we find out!!
    Lol I still think BOY! Can't wait to find out what you're having!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

rj85  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM13 View Post
    Fantastic news wish!! And I assume u found out its a boy! love the announcement

So far the predictors are coming up with a girl for me - even with yours frenchy81!
    Won't be long now elm!!!! Can't wait for your results too

8. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowglen View Post
    @Wishnhope that's great news!

thanks for the predictors! For me one says girl and one says boy! I feel like its a girl but time will tell!

I've been a bit sick this week with a sore throat and a cough and I've had some high temps which is freaking me out! Because I'm doing shared care with my GP I can't just phone and ask about it. I've been taking panadol to help bring them down but I've read temps are bad for the baby? Anyone have any advice?

oh and as for excercise, I was very active before transfer and have only walked since and I'm keen to get back into something. Been struggling so much with tiredness so far though! I'm too scared to run but I'm thinking some swiming or biking should be ok.
    Yes, please be careful. Having a fever means the baby's temp will also go up a few degrees more than you ( as when normal, the baby's temp is a degree or more already). So if you're 38/9 the baby's temp could go to 40. Keep the Panadol up every 4 hrs until the fever breaks, if not go to doctors.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Willowglen  (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so exciting getting to tell people, I think after I had my NT and started telling people I definitely relaxed more and started enjoying my pregnancy more. In retrospect I realize I was just so anxious and nervous, and once people know you constantly get reminded, it definitely felt more real for me at that point!

As for exercise I'm about to head back to yoga, and thinking about swimming too, I've heard it's quite good in pregnancy- low impact but still good aerobic fitness especially towards the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So... Just sitting down with DH trying to establish a budget for purchasing all baby related things. We are simply not on the same page.

So, bearing in mind there are no previous children and we have to completely start from scratch... What do you think is a reasonable budget? What are you guys planning on budgeting (I'll not quite double mine for twins!) has anyone thought to out this yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Bayside View Post
    So... Just sitting down with DH trying to establish a budget for purchasing all baby related things. We are simply not on the same page.

So, bearing in mind there are no previous children and we have to completely start from scratch... What do you think is a reasonable budget? What are you guys planning on budgeting (I'll not quite double mine for twins!) has anyone thought to out this yet?
    I am all for budgets I budget for everything and I love my excel spreadsheets as I'm in accounting lol but with this it's a whole new ball game and I personally have decided not to make a budget otherwise it's way to overwhelming lol I know how much I want to spend on the big items like cot and pram but as for a budget that's gone out the window we plan to collect baby items every week and just continue adding to our collection it's how my mum did it to, all personal
    Preference though

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've been lucky with DH's family, he has two older brothers who have two kids each so they passed on a high chair, change table and car seat from birth to 4 yrs, all in really good condition.
    The bassinet we were able to get from a close friend and we'll just buy a new mattress.
    DH's parents are also giving us money towards a pram as they've done with the other brothers.
    We're also not buying clothes or necessities until after baby shower end of August. Although I have been looking at neutral summer clothes for 3-6mths considering we're going into winter and there are a few sales on.
    As amandale said totally personal preference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @90Bayside
    its certainly preference I remember discussing this with two friends last time I was pregnant they both have kids and very diff incomes, one bought everything major for about $1000-$1500. The other spent $4000 buying top brands etc. Both their kids had everything they needed so its just your opinion on what and how much.

Im a huge budgeter too and Ive really only set myself a savings goal to cover Baby room setup ($5k), $100 a week for unexpected living exp (plus cute extras) once bub is born and IVF for number two ($10k). Everything will either come out of that or DH will have to work a little but more.

My cot, change table and dresser cost $1700 and I have priced pram, carseat, babycarrier etc to $1300. Im doing MCN's and will buy one or two a month til baby is born then buy more of what works. Also holding off til the baby shower to buy anything little but Ill buy something if I like it.

But you could spend half that or double if you wanted.
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 03-05-2014 at 10:04.