Closed Thread
Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due Oct/Nov/Dec 2014 #2

Wow I can't believe how oranised everyone is! Prams, nursery furniture and hospitals picked!! I have done nothing! You guys are making me feel a bit slack! Better start some research.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowglen View Post
    Wow I can't believe how oranised everyone is! Prams, nursery furniture and hospitals picked!! I have done nothing! You guys are making me feel a bit slack! Better start some research.....
    Lol no your not, I haven't started yet but will try this week. As for the hospital, there is only one where i live so, not much to decide there haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Willowglen I don't have a thing either!

Wishnhope - gorgeous bump and baby pics! Hope you get some answers soon.

Yesterday at work sitting at the morning tea table with the staff when one of the staff members loudly asked 'do you have some good news for us?' I almost died! She then said 'your stomach is big, look at it you must have news!' Wow haha I laughed and said just bloated!!!
    I hate lying but wow she put me in a crazy position in front of everyone! Haha obviously I'll need to watch what I'm wearing now. Can't wait until next week when I can finally announce it! I am doing my blood test today and have a scan on Monday. Can't wait!

Hope you all have a great long weekend!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeforlife For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeforlife View Post
    @Willowglen I don't have a thing either!

Wishnhope - gorgeous bump and baby pics! Hope you get some answers soon.

Yesterday at work sitting at the morning tea table with the staff when one of the staff members loudly asked 'do you have some good news for us?' I almost died! She then said 'your stomach is big, look at it you must have news!' Wow haha I laughed and said just bloated!!!
    I hate lying but wow she put me in a crazy position in front of everyone! Haha obviously I'll need to watch what I'm wearing now. Can't wait until next week when I can finally announce it! I am doing my blood test today and have a scan on Monday. Can't wait!

Hope you all have a great long weekend!
    O no!! She is going to give you the biggest I told you so when you announce it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @hopeforlife you obviously handled it really well!
    @Wishnhope how exciting - love the scan photo and your bump must be getting difficult to hide?!?
    @Willowglen I've done nothing yet either...

As I'm doing the panorama test I don't necessarily need to do the blood test according to my FS but we shall see... Last time I didn't 't even need the blood test results to know it wasn't good the scan said it all apparently...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarah11 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 I didnt realise the other trisomy conditions were obvious on the scans just DS? If you dont mind me asking what were the markers?
    Our last bub had T16 and Turners syndrome (a sexual chromosomal condition) which I am unsure if it will be picked up in the normal NT. DH and I have discussed and we are going for the Verifi on Monday no matter what the risk outcome results. So its another 2 weeks for me before we get official results!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    @Bow Ties Are Cool the link's not working
    argh I think I know know why.... I will copy and paste the story following...

Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    After my shock/anger/frustration/fear of having to wait, Thought Id share my scan image and my bump photo
    Attachment 53343
    Attachment 53344
    Oh I wish mine looked like that!!!! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    story from broken link:

The baby shower guest of honour who went too far

Weddings, it seems, are an ethical minefield. It’s rare for much time to go by without someone starting a new conversation querying engagement party/wedding etiquette on the Essential Baby forum, whether it’s to do with the hen’s party, attendance requirements, gifts (including wishing wells) or feuds with other family members.
    But a new ethical controversy has arisen – this time around a baby shower.

A story on US parenting site mommyish states that a mum-to-be gift-shamed people she’d invited to her baby-shower – even those who hadn’t attended.

As writer Maria Guido stated, a woman received an invite to a baby shower from “an ‘acquaintance’ if you can even call her that”.

“They sat next to each other at graduation and they have some mutual friends in common, but they are not friends. I repeat, they are not friends,” she wrote.

The woman was unable to attend – and after the event, was sent this oh-so-charming poem:

We’re sorry you missed the shower!
    There was fun and games to be had
    The food and drinks not too bad
    The loot was a plenty
    But we looked high and low and found none from you
    Not even a shiny penny!

Babies need a lot
    Of this fact we all know
    So we’ve included some shops below!

If none are to your liking, and that we understand
    Then grab a pen and get to writing
    For checks are to our liking!

The *** Family is registered at these stores and checks can be mailed to this address.\

As if this plea for goodies wasn’t enough, the grabby mum-to-be also sent a poem to another group of guests: those who had attended and had given her gifts that weren’t to her liking.

We loved seeing you at the shower

Remember how the gifts they did tower?
    We sorted them for hours

Upon sifting and sorting we noticed something amiss
    For your gift didn’t match the list

To fix your situation we listed our stores below
    But a check could also help us flow!

We all know that having a baby, not to mention raising a child for at least 18 years, costs a lot. Yes, it can help to have friends and family members who can chip in with products and a few spare dollars, but it’s really taking it a step too far when you call them out on what they’d decided to give you and your unborn babe.

Imagine choosing the gift you thought would be ideal - a favourite children's book, perhaps, or a handmade mobile for the nursery - and being told "Thanks - but to fulfill your duty as a baby shower guest, we're also going to need a bottle warmer with that."

We can only imagine the wishlists that will be handed out before each and every one of the child’s birthdays – and Christmases, and Easters, and graduation parties ...
    Hopefully the child will be great at making friends, because we have the feeling Mum and Dad won’t have many of their own left to invite to their parties in future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopeforlife I can't believe someone would be so insensitive! Some people blow my mind, they just have no idea. Certainly sounds like you reacted better than I would have in that situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness! I know everyone is different but be thankful that people are sharing in the joy rather than seeing the baby as a 'meal ticket' of sorts. We won't be asking for gifts or setting up a gift registry for our shower.
    Last edited by ELM13; 24-04-2014 at 10:24.