+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 127
  1. #81
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    468
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked
    315
    Reviews
    0
    Was told just the other day actually that because my 21mth old doesn't speak any words he's "mentally retarded" (forgive me I hate the term!) and there is a nice place you can send kids like that so they don't take up resources and time better spent on my "real" children.

    Thank god these people aren't my in laws, I feel for my bestie.

  2. #82
    Gothel's Avatar
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Stressame Street
    Posts
    6,515
    Thanks
    2,368
    Thanked
    2,113
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I got told by someone when my DS3 was a few weeks old that if he doesnt want to go to sleep during the day to take him out into the bright sunlight because it will force him to close his eyes. I was too gobsmacked to respond.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Actually I've been told that too! Nothing like a nice dose of sunburn to help a baby sleep

    The worst advice I was ever given was from my own mum. I tried dd6 on a little bit of solids at about 6 months but she wasn't interested. Mum said I'd keep trying because "if she doesn't start solids soon, she might never start". No probs mum, I'm happy to bf her until she's 83 ha ha

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

    JR03  (24-04-2014),penny92  (25-04-2014)

  4. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked
    903
    Reviews
    72
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In the shops today DS bit me while having a tantrum, a woman said I should give him a swift smack!!!
    Yeah alright lady, fug off.

  5. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,221
    Thanks
    1,169
    Thanked
    668
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonezart View Post
    Was told just the other day actually that because my 21mth old doesn't speak any words he's "mentally retarded" (forgive me I hate the term!) and there is a nice place you can send kids like that so they don't take up resources and time better spent on my "real" children.

    Thank god these people aren't my in laws, I feel for my bestie.
    That is so unbelievable rude and horrible! I hope you told them where to go! Id never give people like that the time of day again.

  6. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,332
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not advice as such ... But DS2 was later to walk (15 months) and had a weird limp to it when he started. My friend who is a nurse asked me if she thought he may have been malnourished due to me being so stressed with my marriage ending while I was pregnant with him. I lost a lot of weight so she said maybe he didn't develop strongly enough. I felt a lot of guilt!! Thankfully he is totally fine and just had a weird little start up to walking to begin with.

  7. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked
    26
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Not advice as such ... But DS2 was later to walk (15 months) and had a weird limp to it when he started. My friend who is a nurse asked me if she thought he may have been malnourished due to me being so stressed with my marriage ending while I was pregnant with him. I lost a lot of weight so she said maybe he didn't develop strongly enough. I felt a lot of guilt!! Thankfully he is totally fine and just had a weird little start up to walking to begin with.
    That is so rude! I would have hit her haha

  8. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    846
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked
    107
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first daughter had colic really bad
    I was told that there is no such thing as colic and she would scream in pain so much because I never burped her!!!


    Cause I would totally not burp my poor baby for her to scream in pain for hours and hours 😳 stupid people

  9. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,256
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    368
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemma87 View Post
    My first daughter had colic really bad
    I was told that there is no such thing as colic and she would scream in pain so much because I never burped her!!!


    Cause I would totally not burp my poor baby for her to scream in pain for hours and hours 😳 stupid people
    What is colic, I've never quite understood what it is.

  10. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    170
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    What is colic, I've never quite understood what it is.
    As far as I'm aware, colic is a term used to describe unexplained long periods of crying/being unsettled.

  11. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    170
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I got told by someone when my DS3 was a few weeks old that if he doesnt want to go to sleep during the day to take him out into the bright sunlight because it will force him to close his eyes. I was too gobsmacked to respond.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I actually see nothing wrong with this and have done this when my DD has been overtired and we've been out for various reasons. She's such a sticky beak that taking her for a walk wasn't enough, she needed the sun in her eyes to force her to close them and in effect go to sleep. It wasn't for long and she certainly didn't get sunburnt.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

    DesperatelySeekingSleep  (26-04-2014),ExcuseMyFrench  (27-04-2014),Lincolns mummy  (27-04-2014),mousky  (27-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-04-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Im so stupid !! HELP PLEASE
    By ajb01 in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 13-04-2014, 21:49
  2. Probably stupid....
    By Amber4304 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 20-10-2013, 18:17
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-10-2013, 00:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Philips AVENT Australia
Pregnancy and early parenthood is an exciting and challenging time, but it’s good to know there is expert advice on hand to ensure that your baby gets the best start in life.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!