+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Was told just the other day actually that because my 21mth old doesn't speak any words he's "mentally retarded" (forgive me I hate the term!) and there is a nice place you can send kids like that so they don't take up resources and time better spent on my "real" children.

Thank god these people aren't my in laws, I feel for my bestie.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I got told by someone when my DS3 was a few weeks old that if he doesnt want to go to sleep during the day to take him out into the bright sunlight because it will force him to close his eyes. I was too gobsmacked to respond.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Actually I've been told that too! Nothing like a nice dose of sunburn to help a baby sleep

The worst advice I was ever given was from my own mum. I tried dd6 on a little bit of solids at about 6 months but she wasn't interested. Mum said I'd keep trying because "if she doesn't start solids soon, she might never start". No probs mum, I'm happy to bf her until she's 83 ha ha

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

JR03  (24-04-2014),penny92  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In the shops today DS bit me while having a tantrum, a woman said I should give him a swift smack!!!
    Yeah alright lady, fug off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonezart View Post
    Was told just the other day actually that because my 21mth old doesn't speak any words he's "mentally retarded" (forgive me I hate the term!) and there is a nice place you can send kids like that so they don't take up resources and time better spent on my "real" children.

Thank god these people aren't my in laws, I feel for my bestie.
    That is so unbelievable rude and horrible! I hope you told them where to go! Id never give people like that the time of day again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not advice as such ... But DS2 was later to walk (15 months) and had a weird limp to it when he started. My friend who is a nurse asked me if she thought he may have been malnourished due to me being so stressed with my marriage ending while I was pregnant with him. I lost a lot of weight so she said maybe he didn't develop strongly enough. I felt a lot of guilt!! Thankfully he is totally fine and just had a weird little start up to walking to begin with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Not advice as such ... But DS2 was later to walk (15 months) and had a weird limp to it when he started. My friend who is a nurse asked me if she thought he may have been malnourished due to me being so stressed with my marriage ending while I was pregnant with him. I lost a lot of weight so she said maybe he didn't develop strongly enough. I felt a lot of guilt!! Thankfully he is totally fine and just had a weird little start up to walking to begin with.
    That is so rude! I would have hit her haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first daughter had colic really bad
    I was told that there is no such thing as colic and she would scream in pain so much because I never burped her!!!

Cause I would totally not burp my poor baby for her to scream in pain for hours and hours 😳 stupid people

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemma87 View Post
    My first daughter had colic really bad
    I was told that there is no such thing as colic and she would scream in pain so much because I never burped her!!!

Cause I would totally not burp my poor baby for her to scream in pain for hours and hours 😳 stupid people
    What is colic, I've never quite understood what it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    What is colic, I've never quite understood what it is.
    As far as I'm aware, colic is a term used to describe unexplained long periods of crying/being unsettled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I got told by someone when my DS3 was a few weeks old that if he doesnt want to go to sleep during the day to take him out into the bright sunlight because it will force him to close his eyes. I was too gobsmacked to respond.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I actually see nothing wrong with this and have done this when my DD has been overtired and we've been out for various reasons. She's such a sticky beak that taking her for a walk wasn't enough, she needed the sun in her eyes to force her to close them and in effect go to sleep. It wasn't for long and she certainly didn't get sunburnt.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (26-04-2014),ExcuseMyFrench  (27-04-2014),Lincolns mummy  (27-04-2014),mousky  (27-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-04-2014)