+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Glad you lived to tell the tale! (seriously, ouch! Poor you!)
    lol barely. so painful having my nippes dripping blood each time. I wasnt even going to risk 7teeth. Luckily he liked formula.

Op. my worst advice from my mum, that its ok for very young babies to taste foods. She told me this in defence after i cut sick at her for giving my baby coffee milkshake at 3mths old. (my third baby so i kinda know how to look after them already)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    The reason your baby still has no teeth is because you're still breastfeeding and she's missing out on essential nutrients from formula. MIL- dd was 8 months.
    I can only assume your MIL was dropped on her head when she was little?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was told by my mum 'I couldn't breastfeed for more than a few months (3 months) with each of my 4 kids, and you are much older than me, so there is no way you will be able to breastfeed (I'm in my 40s). I felt like a dried up fossil.

My daughter has been breastfed without any formula since she was born and she's 20 mths old tomorrow

My lovely but misguided dad 'You are not trying hard enough to get her used to a dummy. She will be fine if you keep holding it in her mouth when she tries to spit it out. You are not patient enough'. She's never liked dummy's and I don't know why I would try to force her to get used to them

It's just a different era I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Firsttimemummabear View Post
    Letting my ds lay in is cot and talk to himself when he wakes up is child abuse and neglecting him
    For awhile my ds in the morning and after naps never cried just talked/sing to himself so at first I wouldn't hear him straight away. Plus it's not neglect as I'm pretty he is enjoying talking to himself lol. On the plus side his imagination it growing.

Other than that I don't have anything stupid from others. Although the ones so far are quite funny

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using The Bub Hub mobile app

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My grandmother told me she put my uncle (6 months old at the time) to bed and thought her mother would mind him that night and wake her when he was hungry. When she woke the next morning her mother had simply put him in another room during the night and let him cry all night!
    I was horrified and sadned.
    Even more so when she said he was feeding 4 times a night and after that she realised he could go all night without feeding and she did it another 3 nights ans he never woke for a feed again! and that i could do that too
    I never took her advice. Mind you she told me this 6 weeks afta my DD was born.not really what i wanna hear with a newborn.
    I still think how horrible it would.have been for a 6 month old to go from feeding four times a night to being starved and left crying in a room until he gave up
    my father and uncles arent close with their mother...i wonder if that had something to do with it ?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by MrsHoward; 23-04-2014 at 23:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My ExSil told me to feed my newby Sunshine milk powder with pentavite added, cos that's what she did and her kids turned out ok

ExMil mentioned once about using metho or turps (can't remember which) on her kids hair to kill headlice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    ex MIL telling me I was spoiling DD1 by playing with her all the time and not letting her daughter (my daughters aunty) hold her even when she was crawling up to her wanting cuddles. She babysat DD1 once (and only once!), it was autumn and I came home to a warm house to find DD1 asleep with 3 thick blankets over her!! Another gem; feed her formula at night and she won't have colic. Then we got to have wakeful nights with a constipated bub! I could write a novel about ex MIL!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    My ExSil told me to feed my newby Sunshine milk powder with pentavite added, cos that's what she did and her kids turned out ok

ExMil mentioned once about using metho or turps (can't remember which) on her kids hair to kill headlice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Dp was fed on sunshine milk :/ he had lots of gut problems.

Of remembered another thing that was said to me, gmil told me I need to pierce my little dds ears. (She is 4mths)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Some of these are classics! Funny how most are from MILs!!!

heres a doozy from my dad after DD had a reaction to hummus (swolen, blistered lips, hives all over her face and neck) ended up in hospital from 6:30pm - 11:30pm - next time that happens, you know what you should do? Give her some ice to suck on!!!!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Firsttimemummabear  (24-04-2014),mousky  (27-04-2014),MrsHoward  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A MACH nurse told me when DS was 12ish months and didn't like cows milk that I should try putting milo in it Funnily enough, I decided to just continue offering more boob. I also had loads of morons telling me he should be on formula from 6/12 months etc, I pointed them to the WHO guidelines.