+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 95
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he&she=three View Post
    Just be wary buying on eBay that it's not a fake. Don't know about manducca but there have been tons of fake ergos sold on there. There's lots of how to spot a fake ergo articles out there
    Thanks. I'll get to see it before handing over money. Though having not seen a manduca I couldn't know. But it has the box and everything.
    But my friend I think is still sending me her ergo to borrow

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    4,028
    Thanks
    1,002
    Thanked
    910
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    To my understanding and I could be wrong but I have not geard of fake manducas. Ergos and others yes. Another carrier you could look at is the Rose and Rebellion ssc. They have some awesome designs! I am wanting to get the giraffe one :-)

    ♥me & he = ds 17/9/13♥

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

    Tamtam  (29-04-2014)

  4. #63
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    898
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked
    218
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Thanks. I'll get to see it before handing over money. Though having not seen a manduca I couldn't know. But it has the box and everything.
    But my friend I think is still sending me her ergo to borrow

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I think you should be pretty safe having the box. It would be alot of effort to go to for them to find a box to sell a fake one.

    I was also warned about fake ergos on ebay but took the chance. Figured if it arrived and was fake I could always dispute it through ebay. Got lucky and it's definitely geniune (and even better for my bargain price of $60).

    Picking up makes it even safer.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnab739 For This Useful Post:

    Tamtam  (30-04-2014)

  6. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnab739 View Post
    I think you should be pretty safe having the box. It would be alot of effort to go to for them to find a box to sell a fake one.

    I was also warned about fake ergos on ebay but took the chance. Figured if it arrived and was fake I could always dispute it through ebay. Got lucky and it's definitely geniune (and even better for my bargain price of $60).

    Picking up makes it even safer.
    Fake ergos come with boxes all the time, the box is no guarantee
    Fake manducas are less common though

  7. #65
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    898
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked
    218
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Fake ergos come with boxes all the time, the box is no guarantee
    Fake manducas are less common though
    Oh really, that's crazy. I knew it wasn't a guarantee but figured it was a pretty safe bet it was geniune. I guess not though.

  8. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnab739 View Post
    Oh really, that's crazy. I knew it wasn't a guarantee but figured it was a pretty safe bet it was geniune. I guess not though.
    The fakes usually have boxes etc- some of them are very close to the real deal

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

    Donnab739  (30-04-2014)

  10. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just out of curiosity. .. even if you did buy a fake ergo.. it would still be a carrier anyway?? With the exception that you paid a lot of money for a fake?? They would still be safe?? I don't know anyone who accidently got a fake.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. #68
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    898
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked
    218
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Just out of curiosity. .. even if you did buy a fake ergo.. it would still be a carrier anyway?? With the exception that you paid a lot of money for a fake?? They would still be safe?? I don't know anyone who accidently got a fake.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    From the things I read about fakes I think the concerns were the quality of them and that they may not last/ be safe.

  12. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnab739 View Post
    From the things I read about fakes I think the concerns were the quality of them and that they may not last/ be safe.
    That's what I wondered.

    My friend has just posted her ergo to me so I don't need to worry about the manduca. Though I must admit I've been stalking the limited edition manducas and tulas online!!! Must be a good girl and not buy one.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  13. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,880
    Thanks
    1,521
    Thanked
    972
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Just out of curiosity. .. even if you did buy a fake ergo.. it would still be a carrier anyway?? With the exception that you paid a lot of money for a fake?? They would still be safe?? I don't know anyone who accidently got a fake.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    The issue is that they're not as safe sadly. There's a lot of reports of stitching coming loose and the big problem is the buckles I believe. I actually happened across a fake ergo in an op shop a few weeks ago and the buckle was sooo poor. I've had an ergo, Manduca and now have an action baby carrier and the buckle on the fake was incredibly flimsy compared to those.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Manduca owners, I need your help please
    By My Beloved Ones in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 07:04
  2. Manduca Baby Carrier - Reviews?
    By CLMummy in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-09-2013, 19:36
  3. Ergo carrier ~ which one!
    By Rookiemum in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-08-2013, 20:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!