+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a Manduca and love it. DD has been in it since about 6 months old. She's now almost three. Even though she prefers to walk, we still use it for long days or mountain climbing. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1398237337.867368.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1398237355.321647.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I'm a single mumma and have never had any issues getting her in or out of it on my own. In fact, I HATE it when people try to help. Totally puts out my 'groove'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nudge88 View Post
    Also, I'm a single mumma and have never had any issues getting her in or out of it on my own. In fact, I HATE it when people try to help. Totally puts out my 'groove'.
    Same! If I'm in public when putting DD in the Ergo or taking it off I ALWAYS get asked if I need help. Kind of them to offer but I'm so used to doing it myself, don't need help. DD even knows how to lean when I'm putting it on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh and I love using it when we go to sporting events at stadiums. Way easier than carrying her and no need for the pram (can't anyway at stadiums).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD can't stand (well without help to stand)/walk. .. do they need to be able stand to put in back carry?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I easily do it on my own with front carry. But don't see how I could do it on the back.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend showed me an easy way to be able to put them on your back without help. Basically you clip the waist band on then do up the strap between the two shoulder straps but don't put it over your head yet.

Then put child in the seat part and pull it up and lift the back strap over your head (this gives you some support while moving them to your back).

Then you put your right arm over the shoulder strap and left arm under the shoulder strap. You then move the ergo and child around from the front to the back by twisting it to the right with your arms in front. Then when you cant reach anymore (for me when he reaches my hip) you put your right arm over their head to continue pushing them around to your back while using your left to reach around your back from the left to help.

Then put the shoulder straps on.

If you want to twist to the left just reverse the arm positions.

I hope that makes sense. After her showing me once it was pretty easy and I've never back carried before this.

As for standing - no they only need to be able to sit and that is more so they can hold their head up.

Your dd is tiny so I would think the ergo would be very comfortable for you and last you for quite some time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Use the ergo to carry my 6.5kg 7 mth old. Super comfy I just love it. I bought an Ergo performance as I read that was better in hot weather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like my Tula better than my Ergo. Don't know about Manduca.

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Boba all the way!!
    Used it for our trip overseas and trips to the shops! Best carrier out there. The foot straps are awesome for their legs.

http://bobafamily.com.au/aboutboba/boba-carrier-4g/