+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After rushing out to the shops after the doc's and buying ingredients to make nice smoothies for him, he turns his bloody nose up at it. Took a sip - said "Mmm yum" and refused the rest. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not well at the moment, but thats what he always does lately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Be View Post
    Just to add more frustration to the ordeal - he also doesn't think much of lollies. He only likes ice cream and chocolate. I wish they'd make vitamin choccies.

I am now realising i have an especially picky child. He never used to be ... since hitting terrible two's.... its all gone down hill.
    You can get probiotic chocolate balls. I think bioglan is the brand. They are full of sugar though. 1 ball is equal to the probiotics in a tub of yogurt. Not a lot but better than nothing..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    [/QUOTE]

Try vita gummies and tell him they're lollies. I really love the natures own ones. Nearly eat the whole bottle.
    .[/QUOTE]

I would be very careful telling children that their vitamin is a lolly. Many children have ended up in emergency as they sat and ate entire bottles of 'Lollies' and wound up poisoned from from the large doses of iron etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if it has already been suggested but Brauer VitaShake could be an option and you could add some pro biotic powder.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two boys had bad croup a few times, always had heavy colds - ended up being asthma. Might be worth chatting to the gp about?
    Re getting food into them, would he eat muffins or rissoles? They are easy to hide veg in. Also if you blend a frozen banana and a cup of frozen berries, it makes a nice ice cream substitute. Add a spoonful of yogurt if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am at my wits end too. My DD is two next month and has been sick for a couple of weeks now with fevers and some sort of viruses (but not croup you poor thjngs). And is off and on from daycare. Her eating was getting worse before she was sick and the only thing thing will eat now is toast, crackers and sometimes apple. I have been going crazy trying different things. But today decided to give up the fight because although she is still a little unwell, I know she is now starting to control me. I am hoping if I just keep offering she will go back to eating a bit better and with more variety. I have been successful with the lolly type of vitamins. Have you tried those? I haven't been able to get her to have any dairy and found that devondale have popper smoothies that she will drink (even though my homemade ones taste much better). Otherwise I don't think there is much we can do. Just keep offering I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry just saw that he doesn't like lollies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can try making ice creams in ice cream mould using frozen fruit and yogurt blended up. Frozen banana works really well. Can also try sneaking in veggies in small amounts so you cant see or taste it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add that my dd and ds also didn't want milk anymore after I stopped bottles. They do eat cheese and yogurt though.
    Recently I have been making chocolate smoothies with milk, cocoa powder (no sugar), medjool date and ice which the kids like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just remembered - I did manage to get her to eat some bubble and squeak the other night. I think it is made by birds eye but have also seen it in Aldi. She wouldn't eat the homemade one! But veggies are veggies!