+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep I was def cater for a child with allergies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Wow that's awesome. In the all the countless parties we've been invited to, no one has ever supplied anything my kids could eat. Cept carrot sticks and fruit. My kids never got to share in any birthday cake. They were so good about it too. Made me such a proud mumma
    Wow that is so sad.
    I always cater for any allergies that I know of.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Just a question for those that have issues that food should be provided for kids at parties. Would you provide food for kids with allergies at one of your kids parties? Would you make a dairy, soy, wheat, egg and gluten free party food if one of the kids attending were allergic because frankly what everyone is whinging about is the kind of things people with allergies face every time they are invited somewhere and most of us just cop it on the chin and assume nothing will be provided and pack our own.
    Of course. Can and have catered for many of my kids friends who have allergies. DD has in her class, two dairy, one egg, one gluten and one nut (peanuts and cashews). DS1 has one friend with an egg allergy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a question for those that have issues that food should be provided for kids at parties. Would you provide food for kids with allergies at one of your kids parties? Would you make a dairy, soy, wheat, egg and gluten free party food if one of the kids attending were allergic because frankly what everyone is whinging about is the kind of things people with allergies face every time they are invited somewhere and most of us just cop it on the chin and assume nothing will be provided and pack our own.
    Absolutely, and we have for vegan and vegetarian guests we have invited for bbq gatherings. I haven't come across people yet with allergies, but if i was made aware of them then i would definitely accommodate. We were a vegan family for about a year, and while we never expected it done for us, it was always so lovely when our friends would offer to make veggie burgers for us.

Without wanting to insult anyone here if they have done different, i personally would feel very uncomfortable and guilty if a guests had to bring their own food... geeze i can remember one BBQ we held, we weren't aware any vegetarians were going to come along to that particular one, but a friend brought along her vegetarian sister that we hadn't met and i felt so bad there was just meat and salads served that time; that I went to the shops and bought some veggie burgers for her and cooked them up. She told me not to stress. I guess im just a bit funny like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate supplying food at kids party's.. You end up throwing most of it away such a waste

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
    Dr. Seuss
    Still mummy to Agnes Ronald and Beryl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes we always do. We now buy ice cream cakes (one particular brand can't remember) because our friends child is allergic to egg but can eat this particular ice cream cake. We always do particular meats on the BBQ to cater and make sure there are plenty of options for non meat eaters too. It's two parties a year (one for each child) that I'm able to cater for and try to make sure everyone is accommodated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Be View Post
    Absolutely, and we have for vegan and vegetarian guests we have invited for bbq gatherings. I haven't come across people yet with allergies, but if i was made aware of them then i would definitely accommodate. We were a vegan family for about a year, and while we never expected it done for us, it was always so lovely when our friends would offer to make veggie burgers for us.
    Yep this! I would always cater for allergies and dietary requirements as I would hate for a kid to feel left out and it's not hard to google a few recipes!
    We were also vegan for a while and before that vegetarian and people always made sure there was suitable food for us (even though I always said not to worry as we would bring our own) I had a friend ask me for a cake recipe so my daughter wouldn't miss out at her daughters birthday. And at her birthday she was having all different soups and went our of her way to find ones that I could eat. And if I went to a party and the people didn't know we were vegan they always felt so bad and said they would have made something for us had they known.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really wouldn't bother me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MummbearPapabearNCubs For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I keep dairy free birthday cake in the freezer so DD never misses out on birthday cake at a party...and we take our own food.

I know there are a few that say they cater to food allergies...but, it isn't worth the risk to be honest. We eat what we can...and have lots of back ups in case.

I don't see how it is a big deal...even if i don't go to a party i would still feed my kids...how does that make it expensive to attend...taking food you would feed your kids??

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (23-04-2014),MiloMel  (24-04-2014),RipperRita  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD1 has a little girl in her class with an egg allergy (I didn't know), I made cupcakes for DD1 to take to school for her birthday. We were about to leave for school when I saw DD1 making a "goodie" bag from leftover party lollies, when I asked her what she was doing she told me it was for the little girl who can never have the birthday cakes

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

MiloMel  (24-04-2014),mousky  (27-04-2014),RipperRita  (23-04-2014)