+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High HCG - Downs Syndrome risk?

Hi All,

Im.hoping someone who's been in the situation can put my mind at ease. This is our second IVF pregnancy (first lost too MMC - trisomy 16). My HCG levels have always been on the High side
    4+2 = 807
    4+5 = 2310
    5+3 = 15000
    5+6 = 32355
    6+3 = 77300

We've had a number of scans and its definitely only one little bubba. Those who have DS children or who chose to termiate (no judgement here) what were your HCG levels? And if there is anyone out there that had high HCG levels and there was just a healthy bubba plodding along id really love to hear from you too.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At around 5 and a half weeks my hcg was 37000 which is similar to yours. The drs said it was a little high but I had some other issues at the time. There's only 1 bubba in there too. We chose not to have the NT scan as we are low risk anyway and I never had a dr say (and I saw a few through the hospital) that the high hcg could be an indicator of something else, or that I should definitely get the NT scan done. We had a 12 week scan though just to check the baby's development and everything came back perfect.

I just googled and it seems that the DS hcg they measure is free hcg and the early pregnancy blood tests are beta hcg and they are different. Free hcg also needs to be high in conjunction with other factors (low Papp a I think?) for it to be an indicator of DS.

I wouldn't worry at this stage, take it as meaning you have a good strong pregnancy
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 22-04-2014 at 13:46.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (22-04-2014)