+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Organic milk suggestion?

Hi everyone. I'm looking at switching to organic milk (and other dairy products). Any suggestion which brand(s) is/are better?
    A friend recommended Parmalat pure organic.also
    if the milk in unhomogenised does that mean I'll have to boil it all before using?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No you don't need to boil it - homogenisation has nothing to do with safety ( pasteurisation kills all the bacteria ) it's just more to do with shelf life

I used to buy Ivy Home ( unhomogenised ) from my organic shop but DH didn't like the consistency. ( very creamy ) and DS does not drink milk so I haven't bought it for ages

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I drink Barambah organic milk, it is unhomogenised (the cream rises to the top) but pasteurised. Some of the organic brands are ultrapasturised so they have a longer expiry date, but I think you lose some of the goodness, vitamins etc with ultrapasturisation. I'm in Qld and I think the Barambah is local, it isn't available in supermarkets but it's pretty easy to find around here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (23-04-2014)

Similar Threads

1. Pram suggestion
    By A-Squared in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 22:08
  2. Similar experience with suggestion of GD?
    By soulmama in forum Gestational Diabetes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18-02-2014, 21:09
  3. Just a little suggestion...
    By Mummasaurus Rex in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 08:41