+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I love school holidays. My ASD kid + school= nothing but dramas, so it's nice to have a break from it all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I (mostly) hate the school holidays. Going from one toddler at home full time to five kids ranging from 12-1 all at home is a nightmare. The fighting, the whinging, the mess

The problem I have is that I can't do anything with them because the age range is so wide. Anything the older kids want to do, I can't do with the younger ones and vice versa. Even something like bowling is a nightmare with DS3 running off/screaming. DH works full time and I don't have any family or friends willing to help, so it means we're all stuck at home, bored and frustrated for two very long weeks.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Peanut dont feel bad at all. Its really really hard. What support do you have to help make these times more bearable? Always here if you need to chat <3 bounce ideas off etc

Well in answer to the OP my kids are 9, almost 5 and 16 months. Oldest is in school, middle child is in preschool x 3 a week

I enjoy school holidays, BUT my husband is a teacher so he is home to help me wrangle them all the whole time. If it was just me... *glare* rough gig!

My eldest 2 are both on the spectrum and ds#1 by the end of term is COVERED in cold sores from stress, the ongoing social problems as the kids are getting older they notice my boy's differences more and more and he suffers greatly. I wish he NEVER had to go to school. He's like my little best friend. He's funny and we get a long great and i want to save him every single day so holidays are a real blessing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Peanut dont feel bad at all. Its really really hard. What support do you have to help make these times more bearable? Always here if you need to chat <3 bounce ideas off etc

Well in answer to the OP my kids are 9, almost 5 and 16 months. Oldest is in school, middle child is in preschool x 3 a week

I enjoy school holidays, BUT my husband is a teacher so he is home to help me wrangle them all the whole time. If it was just me... *glare* rough gig!

My eldest 2 are both on the spectrum and ds#1 by the end of term is COVERED in cold sores from stress, the ongoing social problems as the kids are getting older they notice my boy's differences more and more and he suffers greatly. I wish he NEVER had to go to school. He's like my little best friend. He's funny and we get a long great and i want to save him every single day so holidays are a real blessing.
    Thanks support I have a lot of emotional support in the form of letting me have a vent - practical not so much. The main problem is DS2 is very very hard work if he doesnt get enough alone quiet time. So school holidays with DS1 home bugging him is utter hell.

DS1 was back at school today and we're now suffering the rebound effect of too much over stimulation for DS2 which resulted in him crying and melting down from 9am - about 6:30pm when he went to bed. There were also a hell of a lot of tears from me. Sometimes it just all feels like too much, I dont know how parents of more than 1 child with special needs does it - I am absolutely wrecked emotionally and physically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I homeschool so i dont like holidays ending..means i have to be organised

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @peanutmonkey tried to pm you, inbox is full. clear a few and let me know i'll resend

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This was my first school holidays experience. They weren't as bad as I was thinking it would be. I thought I would spend more $$ to keep DS entertained and he would get bored more easily.
    It did help that we spent 4 nights visiting my parents and had an overnight stay at my cousins so could catch up with family and friends in Brisbane. Tried to keep the spending cheap as I could as well.
    I was also concerned how my health would go having DS 24/7 but staying with my parents I found I had some time to rest and recuperate there. I definitely needed it by then. (We stayed Wednesday 16th to Easter Sunday).

I'm just not sure how I will go for the 6 weeks though, if I'm not working by then. I think we will need to stay at my parents longer to cut down on some expenses and time at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    @peanutmonkey tried to pm you, inbox is full. clear a few and let me know i'll resend
    Deleted some, took me awhile, the darn app kept freezing every time I tried to delete one LOL.