+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsKK View Post
    Congratulations to you too!! I've been referred to lance. Given he knows my history and I felt comfortable with him I decided to stick with him. How bout you?
    Fantastic well I haven't even been booked in for my dating scan as my doctor doesn't usually send people until 9-10 weeks. So next Friday I'll go see her. I have no idea who to go to I'm deciding between Sally and Naguesh at the Mater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loz09 View Post
    Fantastic well I haven't even been booked in for my dating scan as my doctor doesn't usually send people until 9-10 weeks. So next Friday I'll go see her. I have no idea who to go to I'm deciding between Sally and Naguesh at the Mater.
    I kind of wish I had pushed for a dating scan earlier. It seems like forever waiting to 10 weeks. And when I rang the suites yesterday to ask about appointment prep she said 'just turn up and the midwife will speak with you on the day' so now I'm not even sure I'll be having a scan! I'm beside myself. I just want to make sure everything is ok and bub is growing as should be.
    I'm pretty sure you're supposed to drink a heap of liquid before the scan aren't you? I see the midwife for the first appointment at 10 weeks and then again at 14 weeks. Then I see lance In October for my first appointment.

What's your due date? Our paths may cross at the mater in the future. Do you know if they have water birth options at the mater?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kind of wish I had pushed for a dating scan earlier. It seems like forever waiting to 10 weeks. And when I rang the suites yesterday to ask about appointment prep she said 'just turn up and the midwife will speak with you on the day' so now I'm not even sure I'll be having a scan! I'm beside myself. I just want to make sure everything is ok and bub is growing as should be.
    I'm pretty sure you're supposed to drink a heap of liquid before the scan aren't you? I see the midwife for the first appointment at 10 weeks and then again at 14 weeks. Then I see lance In October for my first appointment.

What's your due date? Our paths may cross at the mater in the future. Do you know if they have water birth options at the mater?
    Just check on the Mackay radiology website I think it says you need a full bladder before the scan.
    My due date is 10th March what about u?
    I think there is water birth options not too sure?
    Try to stay positive I am 7 weeks today can't go back to the doctor until Monday 4th! The wait is killing me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just check on the Mackay radiology website I think it says you need a full bladder before the scan.
    My due date is 10th March what about u?
    I think there is water birth options not too sure?
    Try to stay positive I am 7 weeks today can't go back to the doctor until Monday 4th! The wait is killing me
    Yep it certainly does say you need a full bladder. Lance does have ultrasounds in his rooms but not sure if they will still refer me to radiology or not.
    I'm due 27th feb based on my dates I tracked. It's going to be a killer summer!

You'll have to let me know how you go on the Monday. :-) I'm sure it will all go perfectly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it certainly does say you need a full bladder. Lance does have ultrasounds in his rooms but not sure if they will still refer me to radiology or not.
    I'm due 27th feb based on my dates I tracked. It's going to be a killer summer!

You'll have to let me know how you go on the Monday. :-) I'm sure it will all go perfectly
    So I had my app today and my gp said I don't need a dating scan she gave me all the paperwork and I've booked in my 12 week scan for the 27th August can't wait! How are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lance won't do your proper 12 week scan.... You will get referred for that. He did a scan every appointment for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I had my app today and my gp said I don't need a dating scan she gave me all the paperwork and I've booked in my 12 week scan for the 27th August can't wait! How are you?
    Ooohhh let the waiting game begin! It is frustrating that you won't have a dating scan. They can't see much so early but it would still be comforting to know it's all going to plan. I'll start the countdown for you. My next midwife appt will be the 29th August for the NTS results so a big week for both of us! :-)

Had my 10 week appt with the midwife yesterday and it all went great. She was really lovely and took all the time we needed. She asked how I had been and I told her anxious as we hadn't had a scan yet and it didn't seem real so she said 'let's have a peek at baby' :-D

Soooo freaking cool man!!!! Hubby and I were both just silent. Baby Lambie was jumping around in there like a party was going on and then just chilled out so she could get some pics and the heartbeat. He's (I think he's a he so he's probably a she in reality lol) growing at perfect rate for my EDD and his heart rate was spot on. No Doppler as they don't like to do it before the NTS so will have to wait another two weeks for that. But it finally all feels real! And I'm letting myself get excited now the closer I get to the end of the first tri. There's a 31.5mm bean growing inside me lol sorry for the over excitement but we still haven't told a lot of people yet ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1406926560.268117.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsboyts View Post
    Lance won't do your proper 12 week scan.... You will get referred for that. He did a scan every appointment for me
    Thanks mrsboyts. It's always hard knowing the protocol when you've never done it before. They are all such great people at lances rooms and always make me feel comfortable. It's great he can offer a scan for piece of mind everytime you see him to. He really does put you at ease. I'm not seeing him until 20 weeks but the midwife said yesterday 'he'll be so pleased to hear your pregnant after the horrible news he gave you last time' and I honestly believe he will be coz he's just that type of obgyn. He actually seems to give a sh*t which makes all the difference. Was your c-sec elective, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes it was elective :-) that strange you are not seeing him until 20 weeks. I saw him after my 12 week scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    I may have my wires crossed and it may be him I'm seeing at 14 weeks as well. It's only a 15 min appt but I thought the midwife said I would be seeing her as I'm classed as low risk and you only see the ob for the morphology results. 😐 Soon find out I guess.
    I'm unsure whether to go for an elective. I've always thought I'd prefer it as we love an hour out of mackay so it gives me assurance of exactly when bub would be due. But after reading some info on natural births I'm now undecided. Got a long time to decide I guess. Would you recommend an elective? Was your recovery long? Any complications? How long did they keep you in at the mater? Sorry for the inundation of questions @mrsboyts!