+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loz09 View Post
    He is at the mater with his wife Sally rodrigues who also is an obs. Then there is lance at his own suites and yes I have heard he is more for troubled pregnancies and IVF/fertility
    I've heard Sally is really good too. My health provider recommends her as one of their preferred doctors.
    Where abouts in Mackay are you based?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsboyts View Post
    Hi I had a baby with dr Herron at the Mackay mater if you have any questions
    Thanks @mrsboyts. What was the mater like? Did you use the birthing suites at all? Was there much of a wait time for appointments with Dr Herron?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,126
    Thanks
    811
    Thanked
    278
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsKK View Post
    Thanks @mrsboyts. What was the mater like? Did you use the birthing suites at all? Was there much of a wait time for appointments with Dr Herron?
    The mater was good! There were a few dodgy nurses but overall it was fine. I didn't use the birthing suites as I had a c section,but we saw them on our tour and they looked impressive. Dr Herron is a terrific doctor. Very very good at what he does. There isn't much of a wait time for appointments but sometimes you have to wait ages as he runs behind :-/

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsboyts View Post
    The mater was good! There were a few dodgy nurses but overall it was fine. I didn't use the birthing suites as I had a c section,but we saw them on our tour and they looked impressive. Dr Herron is a terrific doctor. Very very good at what he does. There isn't much of a wait time for appointments but sometimes you have to wait ages as he runs behind :-/
    I think there are always dodgy nurses at any hospital really but that's just how it goes. Did they keep you in long after your c sec?

    I saw my GP on Monday and after half an hour, convinced her to refer me to Dr Herron for treatment of my endo. She wanted me to wait 12 mths before getting referred but I refuse to risk the endo doing any more damage then it already may have. She told me he would be very hard to get in to see but they've booked me an urgent appt next week based on my history. I'm super thankful for that.
    I know my OBG in Toowoomba was always running late thanks to mothers going into labour before my appts lol

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,126
    Thanks
    811
    Thanked
    278
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    5 days

    I ttced for 7 years and I only fell pregnant because of dr Herron. He is no b*ll**** and will tell you the truth

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Wow! I couldn't imagine waiting 7 years although given it originally took them 6 to diagnose me I can see how they can be a block in the road. I'm glad that dr Herron helped with the success. I for one prefer straight talkers and hate all the fluffy stuff so hopefully he's the doc for me. :-)

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsKK For This Useful Post:

    mrsboyts  (15-06-2014)

  8. #17
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    19
    Reviews
    0
    How are things going @MrsKK?

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loz09 View Post
    How are things going @MrsKK?
    All well here thanks loz09. Got a BFP on 27th June. Now 8 + 3. Not due for my first scan until 1st August when I'm 10 weeks so I'm waiting with bated breath.

    Met with dr Herron in May for some problems which I thought were endo related. Turns out it was a low ovarian count and he was referring me for IVF in August. Ironically enough I was already pregnant and didn't know it.

    My fingers and toes are crossed that all is going well and that our first scan shows a happy healthy growing baby. All the symptoms are coming along with terrible nausea and extreme tiredness so I'm taking that only as good signs.

    How are things with you?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsKK For This Useful Post:

    mrsboyts  (21-07-2014)

  11. #19
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    19
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsKK View Post
    All well here thanks loz09. Got a BFP on 27th June. Now 8 + 3. Not due for my first scan until 1st August when I'm 10 weeks so I'm waiting with bated breath.

    Met with dr Herron in May for some problems which I thought were endo related. Turns out it was a low ovarian count and he was referring me for IVF in August. Ironically enough I was already pregnant and didn't know it.

    My fingers and toes are crossed that all is going well and that our first scan shows a happy healthy growing baby. All the symptoms are coming along with terrible nausea and extreme tiredness so I'm taking that only as good signs.

    How are things with you?
    Congratulations that's fantastic! I got a BFP on 6th July so I am 7 weeks tomorrow have you decided which obstetrician you will use?

  12. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loz09 View Post
    Congratulations that's fantastic! I got a BFP on 6th July so I am 7 weeks tomorrow have you decided which obstetrician you will use?
    Congratulations to you too!! I've been referred to lance. Given he knows my history and I felt comfortable with him I decided to stick with him. How bout you?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Rural travellers to Sydney IVF
    By delirium in forum IVF
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 19-05-2014, 12:38
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 19:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
TriBalance Health + Wellness
Brisbane Pregnancy Yoga Classes TriBalance Health + Wellness
Classes are taught by our qualified pregnancy yoga teacher, trained to safely teach yoga to pregnant women. $22 per class (*health fund rebates apply) or purchase a 5 class pass for $100. Classes are run on Saturdays at 1pm - 2:15pm.
SAVE when purchasing 5 classes!
featured supporter
GymbaROO
GymbaROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available Australia-wide. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!