+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Raspberry Leaf Tea/Tablets

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to get some advice from ladies who have had raspberry leaf tea or tablets during the last few weeks of pregnancy? Is it worth it and any major benefits?

Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I looked into it's benefits when pregnant with dd.

From memory the only thing that has been researched to effectively assist with natural onset of labour and shortened delivery times was dates. And even then the difference in labour length was only a matter of minutes compared to the group of ladies who did not consume the dates across the study period.
    : (

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had the tea for all 3 pregnancies and also I drink it now & then for my period. it's more to tone the uterus & help shrink it back afterwards

all 3 births were different but I do think I recovered well after (even the csection).

I drank a cup every day from 32 weeks
    I had braxton hicks very early on, the tea didn't bring on bh or contractions. and bh didn't mean early labour x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your feedback ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by geminijune80 View Post
    Hi Ladies

Just wanted to get some advice from ladies who have had raspberry leaf tea or tablets during the last few weeks of pregnancy? Is it worth it and any major benefits?

Many thanks
    I took the tablets from 32 weeks. I went 10 days over, I did go into spontaneous labour, but was also doing induction acupuncture and had 2 x stretch and sweeps, so I don't really think there was much benefit to them that I found.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it benefited me definitely. I didn't take them with #1, and my labour was 22hrs and hard. I took it with #2 & #3 and my labours were 3hrs, and less than 2hrs and fairly easy. I believed it helped a lot and would recommend it. I took it in the third tri with my second bub when I remembered and I took it daily in my third tri with my third. I took the tablets.

(Bubs were 9 days over, 9 days over and 8 days early(induced).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started taking raspberry leaf tablets around 32 weeks with both pregs. No idea if it actually made any difference, but I had 2 pretty easy drug-free births. DS1 was born at 41+1 - 6 hr labour, DS2 was born at 39+5 - 2.5 hr labour (both spontaneous). I would go the tablets over the tea - I think you have to drink about 10 cups of tea a day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started taking the tablets at 34 weeks when I was pregnant with bub #2. I found that they really truly helped me. I had a quick labour and my contractions weren't as painful and felt more controlled compared to the birth of my first child. It also helped alot with my after birth pains.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started taking the tablets around 34 weeks from memory. Not sure if it contributed but I had a fast labour and dilated quickly. I will def be using them again this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    i only took the tablets and tea for DS3. I think it made a big difference during the birth and during recovery. Went from 20+ hour labour to less than 2 hours. Contractions seemed more effective and i progressed so much quicker. As for recovery the pain while feeding was much better than it was for DS2 and i stopped bleeding much earlier. I would highly recommend, and do recommend, them to everyone.