+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    It is so annoying. I also hate how the Westfield gift cards charge you a surcharge for purchase as well, so a $50 gift card actually costs closer to $60.

How far expired is your gift card? Hopefully if it's within a few days/week they'll oblige, but if it's a few months out I can't imagine they'll honor it. Where did you find the 6month expiry date in the end?
    I meant if my friend purchased via website she probably didn't see the six month expiry when she purchased, because when I looked for it specifically it wasn't very clear. But it was on my gift voucher, and it expired in March fingers crossed. I'd just assumed I had until September

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BorrisWombatWife View Post
    Only 80% of vouchers are ever redeemed (according to a report I read 6-ish months ago). It is a HUGE money maker, that's why so many companies encourage you to buy them instead of giving cash.
    Also watch the pre-set ones from post office and chains as the expiry is already set on the card so it could be ready to expire when purchased if stock isn't rotated or sold regularly.
    Thats disgraceful! I don't see how they get away with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadaca View Post
    I actually remember a consumer affairs report that said it was not legal to put an expiry on it as they had taken your money...Maybe look into it if they say no.
    I'll definitely pursue it further if they say no... Two years is much more reasonable! But a year should be the absolute minimum. Six months is ridiculous

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    good luck

and really jump up and down and tell them you will be posting to all your friends on facebook etc about this ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found an old coles myer card a few months ago that was years past the expiry date so I emailed them to try my luck and they said they will always honour it no matter what the expiry so next time I went shopping I was so nervous but used it and it worked! But they are a big company so fingers crossed yours is still usable! It's not right when they don't honour it, I mean they got the money either way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay got an extension and a booking. Good result

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jacquilove For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-04-2014),Gothel  (24-04-2014),M'LadyEm  (24-04-2014)