+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    No, it's nothing like controlled crying at all...

(Pasted from the Save Our Sleep website) :

***Baby Sleep and Feeding Routines for a Contented Baby
    Save Our Sleep™ will help you establish good sleeping and feeding habits for your baby or young child. We will also help you solve your babies sleep problems by guiding you in how to teach your baby to sleep without the help of an aid such as a dummy, pacifier, soother, rocking or even music. Save Our Sleep™ does not use or recommend controlled crying or controlled comforting.***

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    With respect.... it is most certainly CC. She tells parents to leave their baby cry and have a cup of tea I'm trying to be respectful to parents that use SOS, but the mere fact users are quick to get angry and say it's not CC (when imo it def is) says deep down they don't want to associate themselves with CC bc they know it's not beneficial.
    Last edited by delirium; 21-04-2014 at 19:53.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Mezmerised  (21-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    With respect.... it is most certainly CC. She tells parents to leave their baby cry and have a cup of tea
    I respectfully disagree... Your statement is misleading. The book refers to protest crying which is pretty much a grizzle not a cry. And I've watched my ds1 when he was protesting (from a distance). I could clearly see he was trying to fall asleep. Every time I made my presence known it made him more awake and upset. Letting him have a grizzle he nodded off in the time it would take to make a cup of tea. I personally think it's more irresponsible of parents to interrupt their bubs grizzling who are trying to put themselves to sleep.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

PrincessPud  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Thanks a bloody lot ladies. I got so caught up in this thread that I accidentally fed bub to sleep and missed the 7pm bus!! Now I am probably going to be excommunicated from the SOS fan club.

Not happy jan!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

harvs  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I respectfully disagree... Your statement is misleading. The book refers to protest crying which is pretty much a grizzle not a cry. And I've watched my ds1 when he was protesting (from a distance). I could clearly see he was trying to fall asleep. Every time I made my presence known it made him more awake and upset. Letting him have a grizzle he nodded off in the time it would take to make a cup of tea. I personally think it's more irresponsible of parents to interrupt their bubs grizzling who are trying to put themselves to sleep.
    My kids don't grizzle because I cuddle them to sleep. Or put a boob in their mouth (for my 16 month old). They're happy, I'm tired but happy they're happy. Plus I enjoy the cuddles while they're still there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I disagree... Your statement is misleading. The book refers to protest crying which is pretty much a grizzle not a cry. And I've watched my ds1 when he was protesting (from a distance). I could clearly see he was trying to fall asleep. Every time I made my presence known it made him more awake and upset. Letting him have a grizzle he nodded off in the time it would take to make a cup of tea. I personally think it's more irresponsible of parents to interrupt their bubs grizzling who are trying to put themselves to sleep.
    I've read the book, and she advocates CC, but not in those exact words, there is a lot of euphemisms and skirting around it, but imho it's CC. I guess we'll never agree on this and that's fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a bloody lot ladies. I got so caught up in this thread that I accidentally fed bub to sleep and missed the 7pm bus!! Now I am probably going to be excommunicated from the SOS fan club.

Not happy jan!
    Hahaha! No grizzling hey? Lol.

I'm glad it works for some mums, I think our kids are just different as mine scream or nothing. Always have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What prompted to actually try the book was getting so frazzled on night I put ds2 in bed and made a cuppa (I had a friend who suggested it). By the time the kettle boiled he had stopped grizzling and gone to sleep. It was like a light bulb moment for me. I realised that not all kids had to be held and that sometimes they were just struggling to fall asleep.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadaca View Post
    My kids only emotional cry. You're right, I'm not for the book. :-)
    Mine too, there is no grizzle/whinge. They just scream

14. The Following User Says Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (22-04-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    With respect.... it is most certainly CC. She tells parents to leave their baby cry and have a cup of tea I'm trying to be respectful to parents that use SOS, but the mere fact users are quick to get angry and say it's not CC (when imo it def is) says deep down they don't want to associate themselves with CC bc they know it's not beneficial.
    Ok, not sure of my post/s got lost in translation, so I'll clarify and then bow out.
    I asked early on in this thread what Save Our Sleep was, exactly. I genuinely had no idea, but was curious as to why it was so controversial- I knew very little about it until this thread. No one really replied to my post so I googled and read a little bit of her website, ie; the introduction bit to get the gist of it and the part where she claims it's nothing like controlled crying- coming from the author herself I figured it was as she explained it, not to be confused with CC.
    Anyway, I was/am in no way "angry" in saying it's not like CC, was just quoting what I read on the website which I discovered was the opposite of what another poster was saying.
    I did something very similar to CC with DD, but certainly was never advised to let her cry and go off to make a cup of tea
    I went in to comfort her, played white noise, cuddled her to sleep half the time and Co slept for almost a year... the reason I say what I did was similar to CC was that for 1 or 2 nights I let her sook for a couple of minutes, self settle etc which worked wonders- none of this "no comforting".stuff I read on the SOS website. CC doesn't rule out comforting, you're just recommended to leave them to settle themselves before going in to soothe them. As far as I can gather, the SOS method is much stricter and shouldn't be confused with CC.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 21-04-2014 at 20:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadaca View Post
    My kids don't grizzle because I cuddle them to sleep. Or put a boob in their mouth (for my 16 month old). They're happy, I'm tired but happy they're happy. Plus I enjoy the cuddles while they're still there.
    My DS2 grizzles as he falls asleep, often in my arms. I enjoy his cuddles too and his noises as he drifts off to sleep make me smile.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app