+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I should also add that DS was also a catnapper during the day so I'd been through all the 'try patting them back to sleep' etc suggestions and it never worked. All it achieved was making me more anxious. I used to complain that he only napped for 40 minutes at a time, then I had DD and it was 20 minutes tops. As she was fed to sleep that was usually enough time to:
    1. Realise she is fully asleep and I might be able to sneak away
    2. Put the kettle on to make a cup of tea
    3. Chuck a load of washing in the machine or put a few things away in the dishwasher
    4. Make the tea

Oh! Too late, she's woken up. No time to actually drink the tea, time to feed her again.

There was one freak day where she slept for the entire day pretty much, and she wasn't sick either. 'twas bliss.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    I think though of you have to do things you don't want to do then yes it is likened to being a martyr. In my case, bed sharing and sleeping with my boobs out so he could have an all night buffet as well as being woken 8-10 times a night whenever he latched on were all things that I wasn't happy about and only did so he was happy. But you know what? Once I went to sleep school and he got over the first few nights of not being fed constantly and being in my bed, he was even happier because he was getting a full nights sleep. This is why I will never put my child's need before my own again if it means I'm sacrificing my happiness in the process.
    Don't get me wrong, I was this close >< to sleep school. But I ummed and arred about it and thought, what are they going to do?

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Thanks for responding VP x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I was this close >< to sleep school. But I ummed and arred about it and thought, what are they going to do?
    Sleep school changed my life

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

Missy RJ  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sleep school changed my life
    Changed mine too until DS reflux started really acting up but now his fine again it's time to go back plus I think he was too young the first time 6 weeks old now his almost 14 weeks

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Changed mine too until DS reflux started really acting up but now his fine again it's time to go back plus I think he was too young the first time 6 weeks old now his almost 14 weeks

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I hope it works well for you again xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think though of you have to do things you don't want to do then yes it is likened to being a martyr.
    I agree to an extent. I learned after having DD I needed to remember me sometimes. But.... for many letting their kids ball is more than just not their parenting style, it goes against every fiber of our being. It would like telling some against circ to circ their son, or a bfer to put their baby on the bottle from the second of birth.

I do think there is a fine line between being a martyr and not fulfilling parental responsibilities - I'm not saying those use SOS are the latter, I'm just saying that it can be a bit of a tight rope to walk and some empathy could go a long way.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (23-04-2014),btmacxxx  (23-04-2014),Busy-Bee  (23-04-2014),harvs  (23-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (23-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (23-04-2014),smallpotatoes  (23-04-2014)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Quick snap poll: all the ladies on this thread:
    A) do you follow SOS
    B) how old are your kids and do they sleep through?
    A) no
    B) 13 weeks and most of the time (9/10pm to 6am)

We'll have to wait & see how the 4 month sleep regression goes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I agree to an extent. I learned after having DD I needed to remember me sometimes. But.... for many letting their kids ball is more than just not their parenting style, it goes against every fiber of our being. It would like telling some against circ to circ their son, or a bfer to put their baby on the bottle from the second of birth.

I do think there is a fine line between being a martyr and not fulfilling parental responsibilities - I'm not saying those use SOS are the latter, I'm just saying that it can be a bit of a tight rope to walk and some empathy could go a long way.
    Yes I agree with what you're saying. That's why it's important to find a solution that sits well with you but also works towards fixing the situation resulting in happiness for both mum and bub not just baby. In saying that, sometimes a bit of tough love is needed and it was the hardest week of my life at sleep school but the end result has far outweighed those awful few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Thanks for responding VP x
    No worries I hate to see a good woman upset x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (23-04-2014)