+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ladies I do not expect him to sleep through but to have him waking less than 3 times a night would be heaven i am not getting any sleep at all and please bare in mind I have a 3 year old that needs me too. I am taking him to sleep school they do not let them scream and they are very understanding of what my DS has been through.

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    I'm at the point where no book will help me. I'm back off to sleep school!!!! My DS no matter how hard I try or the things I do is still a terrible sleeper in his 13 weeks on earth he has slept through fully twice only!! It use to be pain causing it now it's just habit and I can't seem to break it.

your bub has silent reflux though, silent reflux and good sleeper unfortunately don't go hand in hand, same with my DD, nothing would've made her sleep through so early.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    He's still a newborn. I really don't understand why you think he should be sleeping through?

My DD started sleeping through at age 5, she would always wake with bad dreams and want a cuddle to go back to sleep. My DS1 is 2.5 and pretty much sleeps through now. And DS2 is 11.5 months and wakes every 2hrs for boob. All normal, and I'm ok with it.
    I honestly don't mean any offence but it's not normal for an 11.5 month old to take every 2 hours in the night for a feed. Not saying your bub isn't a gorgeous little pumpkin. Does bub have any medical issues?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Missy RJ  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So it's normal for him to wake every 30 minutes although his treatment is thoroughly working? His feeding well and is on soy because we have found the reflux was caused by a cow's milk allergy. He cannot have any cow's milk or dairy. Also since about 48 hours after starting the formula he has refluxed maybe 3 times. As opposed to all the time since there was hardly a break between the Times he refluxed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So it's normal for him to wake every 30 minutes although his treatment is thoroughly working? His feeding well and is on soy because we have found the reflux was caused by a cow's milk allergy. He cannot have any cow's milk or dairy. Also since about 48 hours after starting the formula he has refluxed maybe 3 times. As opposed to all the time since there was hardly a break between the Times he refluxed.

Honestly it takes a long time to really settle. Well it certainly did for us. And then disruption with hospital etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

every half hour is excessive, I thought you wanted him to sleep through. My bad. Sleep school is a good idea. As you say if his treatment is working sleep school won't let you use CC or CIO.

I had success with a few things, but it sat in between rocking to sleep and CC as DD was 5 months old before her silent reflux was sorted, but we implemented a few things that worked. PM me if you want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I honestly don't mean any offence but it's not normal for an 11.5 month old to take every 2 hours in the night for a feed. Not saying your bub isn't a gorgeous little pumpkin. Does bub have any medical issues?
    Lol you keep saying its not normal. It is normal for many babies and people. especially at 11 months old.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (23-04-2014),BeeSam  (23-04-2014),btmacxxx  (23-04-2014),Busy-Bee  (23-04-2014),just her chameleon  (23-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Lol you keep saying its not normal. It is normal for many babies and people. especially at 11 months old.

normal, no. Common, yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    every half hour is excessive, I thought you wanted him to sleep through. My bad. Sleep school is a good idea. As you say if his treatment is working sleep school won't let you use CC or CIO.

I had success with a few things, but it sat in between rocking to sleep and CC as DD was 5 months old before her silent reflux was sorted, but we implemented a few things that worked. PM me if you want
    Lol I should have explained myself better to begin with sorry every one. He actually sleep better in hospital than at home. He was doing well but last night he started the usual waking routine. I wouldn't let the sleep school let him cry I didn't last time. But this time I'm going with out my 3 yr old (who also has issues with sleep but only from 2 1/2yrs old) so that I can fully focus on DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids have NEVER ever cried or grizzled themselves to sleep. Be either fed, cuddled, rocked them. Theyve had their bad patches (mainly when I was expecting them to behave like other children) and with sicknesses etc but now they are great happy children that can sleep anywhere!!! They have always joined us for weddings, engagement parties, midnight mass at Xmas, Nye functions etc. The SOS schedule would not work in this household.

I understand people using the routines as a rough guide for older babies 6-8mths but to put a newborn on it is what I truly struggle with.

ETA. The dreamfeed is the biggest crock! Only works on 60% of babies .... When I tried that with dd1 it just added another feed!!! And was the hardest one to drop. No way I was using it with dd2

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 23-04-2014 at 08:21.