+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Addicted to Love  (22-04-2014),delirium  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Woot woot!! Have one for me - wine and dialysis don't mix

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    DD1 was like that I remember her almost passing out in the car when she was so stressed because she started holding her breath. Worst experience ever.

For everyone who says (this is a general "everyone" not meaning this thread) their kids and great sleepers because of SOS it's such a hard thing to measure. Babies go through horrible periods and fantastic ones. I have had one amazing sleeper and one horrible one. I have used the no cry/cuddle/comfort method with both and they're totally different sleepers. I imagine SOS babies are the same... Some are going to be bad and it "doesn't work for them" and others are going to sleep well. Who knows of it's the method or just pure luck.
    It is absolutely awful isnt it. The first time DS2 passed out from it I called an ambulance and have never been so scared. We're much better at managing it now, so the episodes are rare.

And I totally agree. 2 horrible sleepers and 1 good one here. DS3 is a dream baby compared to my first 2 and I barely put him down for the first 4 months of his life.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Bub did sleep though within a few days but it involves work to maintain that (eg if bub started waking early & had to run through a checklist of causes, how to work naps around appointments first). Don't get me wrong it made my life easier because I am a routines person.
    - My point is to toot my own horn...yes I am taking at least some credit for my ds1 being an awesome sleeper.
    But could that be his personality though? My DD was an easy baby, and is generally an easy child at nearly 10. I didn't use any form of CIO/CC in fact I did the opposite.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just putting out there that you are making a correlation between good sleeping and SOS. Maybe he's just an easy going bub?

Cheers btw I'm having a red myself lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Vomiting is gross. If I had to go to the drastic measure of making myself vomit just to get my much-adored caregiver to show me some love, well... that's just so wrong.
    But that's the point in the example that I gave, the child that I deal with is showered with affection. He does it as a tactic because he doesn't want to go to bed. The same as my 3yr old banging on her wall or using every excuse under the sun to get up. It's just another strategy. I agree with you if it comes to a child crying to the point where they make themselves vomit that is unnecessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    But that's the point in the example that I gave, the child that I deal with is showered with affection. He does it as a tactic because he doesn't want to go to bed. The same as my 3yr old banging on her wall or using every excuse under the sun to get up. It's just another strategy. I agree with you if it comes to a child crying to the point where they make themselves vomit that is unnecessary.
    There is a HUGE difference between a baby vomiting when falling asleep and a 3yr old -surely you realise that?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (22-04-2014),btmacxxx  (23-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    I don't know...in my experience, there can often be a reason as to why a child doesn't want to go to bed and DH and I just try to figure that out and any "behaviour" ceases (mostly lol).

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (23-04-2014),delirium  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I am just unsure of how you can say that those it didn't work for left their baby in a cold room or in a sh1tty nappy.

Do you not think it's possible that it just doesn't work on some babies?

Most people have said they didn't follow it 100%. Perhaps the ones who did it 100% found it didn't work because it's just too regimented.

Seems majority of people on here who are advocates for it changed it somehow to suit their baby.

ok, your first point - yes they are two 'possible reasons' a baby won't self settle. I listed 4. These as I said are not the ONLY 4 reasons a baby will cry and not grizzle and hence won't self settle, they were simply the first 4 that popped into my head at the time from the book.

Also the point was, the leave bub to grizzle and make a cup of tea part may sound harsh or cruel if you were to just put bub down without following her 'principles' of which I listed 4. I was trying to indicate to the OP it's not as cruel as people are making out to be, there's no cruelty if the rest is followed (either fully or with tweaks to suit that baby or family.

Your second point - yes, absolutely, it's most definitely possible it doesn't work on all babies - I NEVER said it would work on every baby - in fact that is the argument I always fall back on when giving opinions on sleep and settling, everyone must do what works for their baby, themselves and their families. A point I try to make too is just because a person doesn't agree with SOS, doesn't mean the OP shouldn't use it.

point three - yes that has been said and I agree, it's because people know that the advice given in ALL baby books won't work if followed to the tee by all and sundry. Yes it does for some, no it doesn't for others. What's wrong with tweaking things?

And point 4, yes as above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Woot woot!! Have one for me - wine and dialysis don't mix
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1398166480.652349.jpg
    Here's your drink miss kitty... (Had to swap beverages as the wine was crap).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Attachment 53259
    Here's your drink miss kitty... (Had to swap beverages as the wine was crap).
    what are you going to drink for me? I can't drink until after September