+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Ok, so then they should go in after the time specified, say 20 mins? That should be long enough for tea! Or are they not reading it properly either?
    I am am unsure what you are asking, or the point you are trying to make.

Can you tell me what you're trying to prove now by asking these questions. I think you're either being facetious or we are on two totally different pages here, because my initial response was explaining the difference between ways in which SOS isn't followed properly and people tweaking it. That's it. The question was asked, I answered it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    A bub may want a cuddle, but if they have plenty of love and care and cuddles and attention in the day, then it is a want, not a need. Every baby needs to sleep.

There is a time and a place for everything, but if a bub is purposely throwing up, when they NEED to sleep, because they WANT attention, then sorry, but slew is faaaar more important.

I'm not expecting people to agree with me, bur this is where I sit.

Completely disagree. If my kids, hubby, friends or parents ever just want a hug or cuddle then I will ALWAYS do that. Cuddles are a NEED irrespective of age.

And if my kids think they need to throw up to gain my attention... Well then I've screwed them up. If a baby or toddler has thrown up either from fear of the dark or because theyve cried so much then as the parent you need to go and comfort them.

Tbh I'm dismayed at your stance.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (22-04-2014),BigRedV  (22-04-2014),btmacxxx  (23-04-2014),CitrusRainxxx  (23-04-2014),CMF  (22-04-2014),DailyDiversion  (22-04-2014),delirium  (22-04-2014),duckduckgoose  (22-04-2014),just her chameleon  (22-04-2014),majo  (23-04-2014),mum2twinboys  (22-04-2014),PipersMummy  (22-04-2014),SAgirl  (23-04-2014),Stiflers Mom  (23-04-2014),Wise Enough  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I thought sos was easy and solved your "problems" within a few days?
    Bub did sleep though within a few days but it involves work to maintain that (eg if bub started waking early & had to run through a checklist of causes, how to work naps around appointments first). Don't get me wrong it made my life easier because I am a routines person.
    - My point is to toot my own horn...yes I am taking at least some credit for my ds1 being an awesome sleeper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I am am unsure what you are asking, or the point you are trying to make.

Can you tell me what you're trying to prove now by asking these questions. I think you're either being facetious or we are on two totally different pages here, because my initial response was explaining the difference between ways in which SOS isn't followed properly and people tweaking it. That's it. The question was asked, I answered it.

I am just unsure of how you can say that those it didn't work for left their baby in a cold room or in a sh1tty nappy.

Do you not think it's possible that it just doesn't work on some babies?

Most people have said they didn't follow it 100%. Perhaps the ones who did it 100% found it didn't work because it's just too regimented.

Seems majority of people on here who are advocates for it changed it somehow to suit their baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    . Cuddles are a NEED irrespective of age.
    Nuh-uh. When transitioning my boy to a big boy bed he tried every trick under the sun to delay bed time "cuddle me" "cuddle teddy" "kiss peppa".
    That was him being a turkey, not voicing a need.
    (No I didn't follow the SOS guide for transitioning to a big boy bed... Long story involving a busy Christmas, impending newborn and toilet training).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    - My point is to toot my own horn...yes I am taking at least some credit for my ds1 being an awesome sleeper.
    Whatever gets you through the day! As an aside, I always think it's so funny that as parents, we like to take credit for anything our children do that's desirable or "good" - when I think it's really just nature. Impossible to prove either way though.
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 22-04-2014 at 21:07.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

delirium  (22-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Completely disagree. If my kids, hubby, friends or parents ever just want a hug or cuddle then I will ALWAYS do that. Cuddles are a NEED irrespective of age.

And if my kids think they need to throw up to gain my attention... Well then I've screwed them up. If a baby or toddler has thrown up either from fear of the dark or because theyve cried so much then as the parent you need to go and comfort them.

Tbh I'm dismayed at your stance.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    I agree with this. I read an interesting study about letting babies cry (yes even for just short periods of time). Even when they stop crying, their stress levels (cortisol) are still through the roof, even hours later.
    Last edited by Anjalee; 22-04-2014 at 21:08.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My middle son is a breath holder when he gets upset. I see that as a huge reason NOT to let him get distressed. I see it no differently than if he would throw up when distressed. I would never dream of just leaving him to hold his breath instead of attempting to cuddle and comfort him.

Hugs and affection are a need in my eyes. It is not something I ever say no to with my kids. They want a cuddle they get a cuddle. Simple as that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (22-04-2014),btmacxxx  (23-04-2014),Elijahs Mum  (22-04-2014),misskittyfantastico  (22-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-04-2014),SAgirl  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Bub did sleep though within a few days but it involves work to maintain that (eg if bub started waking early & had to run through a checklist of causes, how to work naps around appointments first). Don't get me wrong it made my life easier because I am a routines person.
    I think a night time routine is important. as I have said, I did a night time routine with all mine from birth, with times varying according to age. As small babies, I was not worried about the time, especially with more than one child, but I'm a bit more flexible during the day when they're less than 12 months and on 2 sleeps. On one sleep, I rarely compromise.

I do think having a night time routine is important. But I didn't need a book to tell me that, I guess it was just natural for me with my babies.

My kids are pretty good sleepers, now 5, 3 and 1. And whilst I do acknowledge that a routine is important, and contributed to this, I also think I have had relatively easy babies who were great sleepers at night. My third was sleeping 7-11 hours from less than a week old. My second would only wake once or twice from birth as well. My first was really easy as a baby too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    My middle son is a breath holder when he gets upset. I see that as a huge reason NOT to let him get distressed. I see it no differently than if he would throw up when distressed. I would never dream of just leaving him to hold his breath instead of attempting to cuddle and comfort him.

Hugs and affection are a need in my eyes. It is not something I ever say no to with my kids. They want a cuddle they get a cuddle. Simple as that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    DD1 was like that I remember her almost passing out in the car when she was so stressed because she started holding her breath. Worst experience ever.

For everyone who says (this is a general "everyone" not meaning this thread) their kids and great sleepers because of SOS it's such a hard thing to measure. Babies go through horrible periods and fantastic ones. I have had one amazing sleeper and one horrible one. I have used the no cry/cuddle/comfort method with both and they're totally different sleepers. I imagine SOS babies are the same... Some are going to be bad and it "doesn't work for them" and others are going to sleep well. Who knows of it's the method or just pure luck.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (22-04-2014)