+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 354
  1. #211
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,867
    Thanks
    5,072
    Thanked
    4,449
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Ok, so then they should go in after the time specified, say 20 mins? That should be long enough for tea! Or are they not reading it properly either?
    I am am unsure what you are asking, or the point you are trying to make.

    Can you tell me what you're trying to prove now by asking these questions. I think you're either being facetious or we are on two totally different pages here, because my initial response was explaining the difference between ways in which SOS isn't followed properly and people tweaking it. That's it. The question was asked, I answered it.


  2. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,872
    Thanks
    5,195
    Thanked
    3,896
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    A bub may want a cuddle, but if they have plenty of love and care and cuddles and attention in the day, then it is a want, not a need. Every baby needs to sleep.

    There is a time and a place for everything, but if a bub is purposely throwing up, when they NEED to sleep, because they WANT attention, then sorry, but slew is faaaar more important.

    I'm not expecting people to agree with me, bur this is where I sit.

    Completely disagree. If my kids, hubby, friends or parents ever just want a hug or cuddle then I will ALWAYS do that. Cuddles are a NEED irrespective of age.

    And if my kids think they need to throw up to gain my attention... Well then I've screwed them up. If a baby or toddler has thrown up either from fear of the dark or because theyve cried so much then as the parent you need to go and comfort them.

    Tbh I'm dismayed at your stance.



    wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

  3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

    Anjalee  (22-04-2014),BigRedV  (22-04-2014),btmacxxx  (23-04-2014),CitrusRainxxx  (23-04-2014),CMF  (22-04-2014),DailyDiversion  (22-04-2014),delirium  (22-04-2014),duckduckgoose  (22-04-2014),just her chameleon  (22-04-2014),majo  (23-04-2014),mum2twinboys  (22-04-2014),PipersMummy  (22-04-2014),SAgirl  (23-04-2014),Stiflers Mom  (23-04-2014),Wise Enough  (22-04-2014)

  4. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,711
    Thanks
    9,559
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I thought sos was easy and solved your "problems" within a few days?
    Bub did sleep though within a few days but it involves work to maintain that (eg if bub started waking early & had to run through a checklist of causes, how to work naps around appointments first). Don't get me wrong it made my life easier because I am a routines person.
    - My point is to toot my own horn...yes I am taking at least some credit for my ds1 being an awesome sleeper.

  5. #214
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,710
    Thanks
    1,392
    Thanked
    7,295
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I am am unsure what you are asking, or the point you are trying to make.

    Can you tell me what you're trying to prove now by asking these questions. I think you're either being facetious or we are on two totally different pages here, because my initial response was explaining the difference between ways in which SOS isn't followed properly and people tweaking it. That's it. The question was asked, I answered it.

    I am just unsure of how you can say that those it didn't work for left their baby in a cold room or in a sh1tty nappy.

    Do you not think it's possible that it just doesn't work on some babies?

    Most people have said they didn't follow it 100%. Perhaps the ones who did it 100% found it didn't work because it's just too regimented.

    Seems majority of people on here who are advocates for it changed it somehow to suit their baby.

  6. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,711
    Thanks
    9,559
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    . Cuddles are a NEED irrespective of age.
    .
    Nuh-uh. When transitioning my boy to a big boy bed he tried every trick under the sun to delay bed time "cuddle me" "cuddle teddy" "kiss peppa".
    That was him being a turkey, not voicing a need.
    (No I didn't follow the SOS guide for transitioning to a big boy bed... Long story involving a busy Christmas, impending newborn and toilet training).

  7. #216
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    - My point is to toot my own horn...yes I am taking at least some credit for my ds1 being an awesome sleeper.
    Whatever gets you through the day! As an aside, I always think it's so funny that as parents, we like to take credit for anything our children do that's desirable or "good" - when I think it's really just nature. Impossible to prove either way though.
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 22-04-2014 at 21:07.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

    delirium  (22-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-04-2014)

  9. #217
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,757
    Thanks
    1,206
    Thanked
    2,112
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Completely disagree. If my kids, hubby, friends or parents ever just want a hug or cuddle then I will ALWAYS do that. Cuddles are a NEED irrespective of age.

    And if my kids think they need to throw up to gain my attention... Well then I've screwed them up. If a baby or toddler has thrown up either from fear of the dark or because theyve cried so much then as the parent you need to go and comfort them.

    Tbh I'm dismayed at your stance.



    wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    I agree with this. I read an interesting study about letting babies cry (yes even for just short periods of time). Even when they stop crying, their stress levels (cortisol) are still through the roof, even hours later.
    Last edited by Anjalee; 22-04-2014 at 21:08.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

    Elijahs Mum  (22-04-2014)

  11. #218
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,053
    Thanks
    6,263
    Thanked
    5,481
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My middle son is a breath holder when he gets upset. I see that as a huge reason NOT to let him get distressed. I see it no differently than if he would throw up when distressed. I would never dream of just leaving him to hold his breath instead of attempting to cuddle and comfort him.

    Hugs and affection are a need in my eyes. It is not something I ever say no to with my kids. They want a cuddle they get a cuddle. Simple as that.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

    Anjalee  (22-04-2014),btmacxxx  (23-04-2014),Elijahs Mum  (22-04-2014),misskittyfantastico  (22-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-04-2014),SAgirl  (23-04-2014)

  13. #219
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,710
    Thanks
    1,392
    Thanked
    7,295
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Bub did sleep though within a few days but it involves work to maintain that (eg if bub started waking early & had to run through a checklist of causes, how to work naps around appointments first). Don't get me wrong it made my life easier because I am a routines person.
    - My point is to toot my own horn...yes I am taking at least some credit for my ds1 being an awesome sleeper.
    I think a night time routine is important. as I have said, I did a night time routine with all mine from birth, with times varying according to age. As small babies, I was not worried about the time, especially with more than one child, but I'm a bit more flexible during the day when they're less than 12 months and on 2 sleeps. On one sleep, I rarely compromise.

    I do think having a night time routine is important. But I didn't need a book to tell me that, I guess it was just natural for me with my babies.

    My kids are pretty good sleepers, now 5, 3 and 1. And whilst I do acknowledge that a routine is important, and contributed to this, I also think I have had relatively easy babies who were great sleepers at night. My third was sleeping 7-11 hours from less than a week old. My second would only wake once or twice from birth as well. My first was really easy as a baby too.

  14. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,757
    Thanks
    1,206
    Thanked
    2,112
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    My middle son is a breath holder when he gets upset. I see that as a huge reason NOT to let him get distressed. I see it no differently than if he would throw up when distressed. I would never dream of just leaving him to hold his breath instead of attempting to cuddle and comfort him.

    Hugs and affection are a need in my eyes. It is not something I ever say no to with my kids. They want a cuddle they get a cuddle. Simple as that.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    DD1 was like that I remember her almost passing out in the car when she was so stressed because she started holding her breath. Worst experience ever.

    For everyone who says (this is a general "everyone" not meaning this thread) their kids and great sleepers because of SOS it's such a hard thing to measure. Babies go through horrible periods and fantastic ones. I have had one amazing sleeper and one horrible one. I have used the no cry/cuddle/comfort method with both and they're totally different sleepers. I imagine SOS babies are the same... Some are going to be bad and it "doesn't work for them" and others are going to sleep well. Who knows of it's the method or just pure luck.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

    BigRedV  (22-04-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Buying a house, how did you save $$
    By monnie24 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 17:54
  2. to save morning urine or not
    By wobblermummy in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-06-2013, 17:47
  3. Save our Sleep and Preemies
    By Abubby in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 21-06-2013, 11:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
LCF Fun Languages Australia
We offer foreign language lessons for children 2-12 yrs in French, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian or German as after-school and preschool clubs or private language tuition. This is play-based, full immersion language learning with proven results!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!