+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If the woman doesn't have the balls to do something then that's not sexism/being treated differently. That's just her being a woos.
    No, it's not, its social pressure. You don't need 'balls' or even guts to do a technical job, you only need an interest. But if you're a female, you need a lot if confidence to go into a male-dominated industry just to make the decision, because it will be questioned, often admired, but definitely questioned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    No, it's not, its social pressure. You don't need 'balls' or even guts to do a technical job, you only need an interest. But if you're a female, you need a lot if confidence to go into a male-dominated industry just to make the decision, because it will be questioned, often admired, but definitely questioned.
    Social pressure my @rse. If you don't have the 'confidence' to do something then that is a flaw that is causing your disadvantage. Women should stop blaming others and take responsibility.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    and you will be alienated by females in your area like school mums and the men you live and work with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Social pressure my @rse. If you don't have the 'confidence' to do something then that is a flaw that is causing your disadvantage. Women should stop blaming others and take responsibility.
    You're on fire tonight! Been into the red?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    i kind of want to slap you

all human bodies can do what each other can do within reason. a 6'10 man and a 4'12 man are not the same physically but mentally they are.

a 6'10 woman and a 6'10 man are equal and most likely the female is stronger and can kick the mans ****.

if we are looking at purely female male heights in the workplace to say that a woman is less then a man then they are irralivant
    Sorry I can't understand what you're saying... (No I haven't been drinking!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    You're on fire tonight! Been into the red?
    I physically just laughed out loud at that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I believe there is a lot of sensationalism and misguided whinging when it comes to women being disadvantaged. A lot of the time the disadvantage comes from hair actions and life choices rather than someone treating them differently. Receiving special treatment is also counter productive.
    Really?!?!

20% of women who have been sexually assaulted as adults
    35% of women who have been physically abused by their intimate partner as adults
    The 12% of girls who were sexually assaulted before they were 15
    15% of women experience violence at the hands of their partner during their pregnancy, for half of those women the violence first starts during the pregnancy
    Domestic Violence causes the greatest risk of disease and premature death in the 15-44 year age bracket
    More than one woman is killed every week by her current or former partner in Australia.

The vast majority of these crimes are perpetrated by men. Violence against women in Australia is a gender issue, it is a feminist issue.

So no, there is no `sensationalism and misguided whinging' when it comes to women being disadvantaged. We ARE disadvantaged by virtue of our sex, we are far more likely to be physically, emotionally or sexually abused than a man, and the cherry on top is we are more likely to be murdered in our own homes. These actions come about because of the life choices and actions of the perpetrator, not the victim (woman).

Your simple summary shows gob smacking ignorance.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Fashionvictim  (21-04-2014),Gentoo  (21-04-2014),grumpybump  (21-04-2014),HappyBovinexx  (21-04-2014),Stretched  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    It's so much more complex than that though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DH works on commercial building sites. They're huge, thousands of workers/tradies - in 3 years he's seen 1 female tradie. The day she stepped on site all anybody commented on was how she looked, whether they'd fu$& her or whether she was a lesbian. Sexism is rife in many workplaces and that's another reason there's inequality.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    That's assuming that it is only one's own character that determines confidence, and not, say, any number of external events that can occur in your lifetime that sap your confidence ie 'hey little Jessie, you don't want to play with that tool set, here is a doll instead'; 'you want to play footy? What are you, a d*ke?'; 'look at her, she's reading a book, what a nerd'; 'you don't need to [learn how to fix your car/operate that lawnmower], just find yourself a good bloke to do that stuff for you'; 'how can you fly a plane with those b00bs in the way?'; 'wow, you got promoted? Who are you sleeping with?'; 'I'm not happy with mrsharvey coming back to teach my children. How can she do her job now that she's a mother?' (Actually happened to me this year.)

Sure, part of it is how you overcome those barriers, be it through resilience, persistence, stubbornness, etc., but those external factors are still there for many people, and those all add up to something called social pressure.

I think you're a top chick VP, and we all know secretly you have a heart of gold that even bleeds a little sometimes :-), but I think you're way off the money with that statement...

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (21-04-2014),babyla  (21-04-2014),btmacxxx  (22-04-2014),Busy-Bee  (21-04-2014),callmedragon22  (22-04-2014),Fashionvictim  (22-04-2014),Gentoo  (21-04-2014),Lillynix  (21-04-2014),misskittyfantastico  (21-04-2014),Renn  (21-04-2014),SpecialPatrolGroup  (21-04-2014),Stretched  (22-04-2014),VicPark  (22-04-2014)