+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Harmony prenatal test ?

Had anyone had one done? It's also called the Verifi test. It's a blood test that tests the Down syndrome without having to do an amnio.
    Just wondering if anyone has had one done and how much it cost? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi, I had this test done about 3 weeks ago. I am in Sydney and it cost $900. I had to pre pay for the test and book a time to come into the pathology centre. The results were in the following Tuesday, I had the test done on the previous Monday. Would highly recommend getting this test performed rather than an amino first. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask. Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to New Hope For This Useful Post:

tubster  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were you in the high risk category? What made you wanting to do the test? I am not in the high risk category but had a scare with my second when after all bloods and scans came back normal then at 20 week scan saying there's a chance or DS.
    She turned out perfect but not sure if I want to go through the possibility of this happening again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got it done it cost $575 & that included the sex. I wasnt in high risk either I was low risk, 1:2700 or something like that. I just wanted it for my own peace of mind as I was told the combined screening test isnt very accurate & only picks up 70-80% of cases. Dont know how true that is but for my own peace of mind I got it done. My results came back low risk with harmony, less than 1:10,000. Deep down I think I knew they would be fine as i was already low risk from the combined test but it was well worth it for me as I didnt trust the combined test at all. Harmony is 99.9% accurate. Harmony is also the most accurate out of all the tests available. There is a website comparing their accuracy & harmony had the best results by far

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hummingbird1 For This Useful Post:

tubster  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This was my second pregnancy in the high risk category. First pregnancy I was 1:160, I did an amino with that bub which unfortunately died at 16weeks 3 days, not due to amino but iugr. This bubs risk was 1:240. Dr didn't believe we needed any further testing this time, but to watch the growth but I needed the reassurance as last time was incredibly hard. You need to do what is best for your own sanity. I wish you all the best xo
    Last edited by New Hope; 24-04-2014 at 13:53.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to New Hope For This Useful Post:

tubster  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where did you get yours done hummingbird?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry for your loss New Hope
    Good that things are looking brighter for you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tubster For This Useful Post:

New Hope  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor said that of the 12 patients of hers who had done the harmony test 2 had false positives (saying their bub was high risk when in the end they weren't). So she didn't think I should do the test. 2 false negatives out of 12 tests does not seem very accurate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    My doctor said that of the 12 patients of hers who had done the harmony test 2 had false positives (saying their bub was high risk when in the end they weren't). So she didn't think I should do the test. 2 false negatives out of 12 tests does not seem very accurate.

If u look on their official stats it has a false positive rate of less than 1% which is the best out of all pre natal tests available. The combined test is only 70-80% accurate. I find 2 out of 12 a bit unbelieveable. A friend of mine works at a high risk clinic where they do hundreds of the harmony test per month and they have not have 1 incorrect result the whole time they are doing it. They have official stats available to view online that legally have to be accurate. There is no legal way they could charge that much for a test if it was innaccurate.

My test was done in melbourne. The average price when I got mine done was $550-$600. It has come down in price this year, last year it was closer to $1000

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    Here is a link that shows how accurate the harmony test is compared to other pre natal tests. They legally cant print this data without proven studies to back it up.

http://www.ariosadx.com/review-clini...sting-options/