+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At 6 months our girls were still having a feed overnight. I think that's completely normal. They slowly moved the time that they needed it until it got to around 5am and that's when we stopped it as they weren't resettling. I'd say an overnight feed at 6 months is fine. We could tell when it changed from needed to just waking out of habit because they didn't drink much and it was obvious they were fine waiting until 7am. We started solids at 6 months. Is your bub perhaps starting to look for solids during the day? Ours were much better in that cranky afternoon time once we started solids.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by NAT2561; 21-04-2014 at 06:20.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

aquarius24  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aquarius24 View Post
    Lol thankyou , it's good to know I'm not alone ! Is your bub waking during the night for a feed ??
    Yes, last night it was 12.30am, other nights 2 am and others 4 am, think he is going through a growth spurt at moment as is devouring the bottles and is on 3 meals too. Last time he was waking so early for night bottle was during 4 month growth spurt. He actually slept well last night other than night feed, no idea why last night was different. Will see today if good night sleep helps day naps any bit.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsbraxton For This Useful Post:

aquarius24  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes DD fed overnight at 6 months old, at least twice a night. DS is 6 months old and he feeds 3 to 4 times overnight. They are breastfed on demand, DS doesn't take a dummy... so I think he's feeding for comfort more than hunger. I dread when he'll start teething!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

aquarius24  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsbraxton View Post
    Yes, last night it was 12.30am, other nights 2 am and others 4 am, think he is going through a growth spurt at moment as is devouring the bottles and is on 3 meals too. Last time he was waking so early for night bottle was during 4 month growth spurt. He actually slept well last night other than night feed, no idea why last night was different. Will see today if good night sleep helps day naps any bit.
    Last night ds woke at 11:45 for a bottle then went back to sleep at 1:30 😁 he is drinking a full bottle at night feeds so he obviously still needs them , then was restless at 5 but still had his eyes shut , and woke up at 6;15,
    He is on 3 lots of solids a day including protein as suggested by out pead because he is on the smaller side and we have to keep an eye on his weight gain monthly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius24 For This Useful Post:

Mrsbraxton  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night ds woke at 11:45 for a bottle then went back to sleep at 1:30 ������ he is drinking a full bottle at night feeds so he obviously still needs them , then was restless at 5 but still had his eyes shut , and woke up at 6;15,
    He is on 3 lots of solids a day including protein as suggested by out pead because he is on the smaller side and we have to keep an eye on his weight gain monthly.
    Very similar to my guy, devoured 250 mls at 12.30 am, was very settled after, usually not settled after night feed & wakes every hour or so, last night was bliss. Unfortunately naps today rubbish as ever, he woke at 6.30, napped at 8 for about 40 mins, then had 30 min nap around lunch time, now gone down again as he is wrecked, will be another 30 mins I reckon. He is on protein too, opposite to your man though as he is a massive bub & we are trying to reduce his milk by filling him up on solids ( less fattening), this is on advice of ped too, only prob is he is not reducing milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsbraxton View Post
    Very similar to my guy, devoured 250 mls at 12.30 am, was very settled after, usually not settled after night feed & wakes every hour or so, last night was bliss. Unfortunately naps today rubbish as ever, he woke at 6.30, napped at 8 for about 40 mins, then had 30 min nap around lunch time, now gone down again as he is wrecked, will be another 30 mins I reckon. He is on protein too, opposite to your man though as he is a massive bub & we are trying to reduce his milk by filling him up on solids ( less fattening), this is on advice of ped too, only prob is he is not reducing milk.
    Oh that's great he enjoys his food though ! How do you manage to get anything done around the house Feels like I go around in circles some days ?
    Day sleeps not the best here either , up at 6:30 , nap at 9 for 35 mins , then grizzly so down for nap at 12.30 , it's been an hour an he is awake already !! Poor thing is dribbling and chewing on everything !! Arghhh bring on 6:30 bed time !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids (unfortunately, BOTH of them) didn't sleep more than half the night till they were almost three years old (yes, sob!) :-( I tried everything I could, literally everything possible, but to no avail. The result? Even though both my kids are way past the toddler stage now, my biological clock is such that come what may, I automatically get up every one and a half hour or so, and keep doing that all night long! No way out...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellie65 For This Useful Post:

aquarius24  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was still waking through the night at 6 months, usually twice. We started solids at 6 months but he didn't start eating solids well until closer to 8 months. By 9 months he was on 3 meals plus snacks and was a great eater, and that's when he started sleeping longer. He does 8-9 hours then wakes up for a morning feed, after which he will sleep for a few more hours. Day sleeps are still all over the place but at least we get a decent sleep at night
    Hang in there, they do learn to sleep eventually.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

aquarius24  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's great he enjoys his food though ! How do you manage to get anything done around the house Feels like I go around in circles some days ?
    Day sleeps not the best here either , up at 6:30 , nap at 9 for 35 mins , then grizzly so down for nap at 12.30 , it's been an hour an he is awake already !! Poor thing is dribbling and chewing on everything !! Arghhh bring on 6:30 bed time !!
    There's really no time during the day to do anything by myself, DS will only take a long nap if I lie on the bed with him. He is a easy going little man though so I take him about the house with me as I do the essentials like washing etc.He is almost always in bed by 7 so time in the the evening to do stuff or just relax. Our boys sound very similar with their sleep. I have more or less given up on fixing the day time naps. More success last night with him, he did wake a few times but managed to get dummy in himself once or twiceHad a feed at 2.30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They sound very similar ! Here's to hoping tonight is a good night sleep