+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You would definitely know, there was no questioning if something was wrong with my son he screamed and did so constantly, for at least 3 hours after eating and was just miserable, much better now he's medicated.

My daughter was a happy chucker, she threw up all the time but was never on pain. Just keep an eye on things and of they worsen go to a dr but they are often hard to convince about reflux anyway. I'd say the bad feed was a one off from fast flow, try not to worry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS had silent reflux and was a miserable baby who would not sleep lying down at all during the day for 5 months He did sleep ok at night once we finally got him to sleep but the pead said that was because he was exhausted. You would know if your baby had a problem with reflux. Might just be a happy chucker

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 2nd and 3rd had terrible silent reflux. Looking back, I guess DD1 had reflux too- she did huge vomits after every feed, but was generally a happy, settled baby. So, I think she had reflux, but it didn't seem to bother her and even in hindsight I wouldn't have medicated her for it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does sound like reflux, but moderate. Any form of continual spewing is reflux to my knowledge.
    I've had two with reflux. Both I considered moderate. My sons was enough to concern me that I did consider medicating at one point but he was gaining tons of weight.
    Both grew out of it at around 7/9 months.
    If he's generally ok there's not much to do but try to prop him for sleeping, I had a foam wedge cut for my boys bed or people elevate the cot on bricks. And try to keep him upright after feeds and no tight clothes, all that stuff you can google.
    To say it's not reflux I do find a bit strange as it isn't 'normal' for babies to spew at all really, especially not everyday. Just sometimes it's only mild, but still reflux.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    In my experience, if you have a reflux baby - you know. They cry and scream -a LOT. I knew there was something wrong with my boys as they were miserable all the time, only 2 were spewers though. It is definitely possible to have a happy spewer.

I agree with this also. I had a SIL do the same. She had a reflux bub and felt my dd was reflux, but I don't think she was. Maybe moderately, but she outgrew the chucking :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    In my experience, if you have a reflux baby - you know. They cry and scream -a LOT. I knew there was something wrong with my boys as they were miserable all the time, only 2 were spewers though. It is definitely possible to have a happy spewer.

I was going to say this. Reflux babies scream, and it's a painful scream, they arch their back. DS had really acidic breath. If your baby isn't upset by it, then as others have said, you just have a happy chucker.

You will know if your child has reflux bc every single feed and the HOURS after is hell. It isn't just one feed of crying and discomfort, it's a constant problem.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Thanks ladies. I think I will stop with the worrying until the clinic visit this week where bub will get weighed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've read it's only reflux if they're distressed by it (ie it burns). If they're just spewing and still happy then it's not reflux. DS spews constantly but never upset by it. Their digestive tracts are immature so stuff comes back up easily. Also think he's a greedy water and fills himself to the brim!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

19. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (21-04-2014)