+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wait and see. I remember logging in and my amount to pay was about $80 less than what I was supposed to get. I also panicked but it was a weekend and by I think Tuesday it had gone to the correct amount!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sky1 View Post
    The main thing I can think of is if you've updated your annual estimate recently and FTB has been adjusted accordingly? (Though it sounds as if you haven't)

Also, is your 17 year old daughter still correctly recorded as being 'at school' in your online services? As the following changes come into effect on the 1st of May 2014:

Family Tax Benefit Part A will stop for some young people
    Tuesday 1 April 2014

From 1 May 2014, Family Tax Benefit Part A will change. Family Tax Benefit will no longer be paid for young people aged 16–17 who have completed Year 12 or an equivalent qualification.
    Family Tax Benefit Part A will be paid for:
    • children aged 0–15
    • young people aged 16–19 who are in full-time secondary study or are exempt from the education or training requirements, up until the end of the calendar year they turn 19

Link is here: http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...e-young-people

Hello, Thanks for reply and everyone else.
    Yes she is still registered as being in school in the online services.

Will have to wait for Tuesday to call them and see what is going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Called centrelink little past 8am this morning - what a stressful time.

2 of my childrens ftb have been reduced to base rate because of Maintenance Action Test. Which I filled in the form and sent back, back in October last year.

CSA closed 1 of my CSA cases, due to having no authority to obtain any payments.

He fled Australia and went too Taiwan to leave carefree and all that jazz.

Centrelink was informed this, and now apparently I have to wait for a Social Worker to call me within the next 24 hrs, as only a centrelink social worker can put a child support excemption in place.

Centrelink staff have no authority to do so, even though they have the confirmation AGAIN by CSA themselves done with me on the phone in a 3 way convo between centrelink, csa and myself. Even the CSA fella (he was amazing) offered to fax the letter too centrelink that he found in my file back in 2012 for case being closed by CSA, yet this is not good enough too centrelink.

I need to talk to a social worker who gathers information and makes the decision themselves if its acceptable or not.

What a stupid system. Like families need more stress, really!

Apparently these are reviewed yearly but mine should have never come up for review according to the 3 way convo from both csa and centrelink as case was closed permanetly.

/sigh

Wonder how long I need to wait an dhow long before the payments are rectified.

My head hurts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Social worker already has called me, and after a discussion and once she understood what was going on, she said it was not a social worker exemption and it was coded incorrectly, and she will take care of it, and call me back.

/sigh