+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its just a bit of paint on his nails? He is 4 for goodness sake!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When DS was in kinder (aged 5) he asked if I could paint his nails sparkly blue. I did and we had a talk about how some people think that nail polish is only for girls. I pulled up some pics of male celebs with nail polish & we role played a bit about what he should do or say if someone teased him about it.

When I dropped him at kinder, I spoke to his teacher so she was aware of it & could keep an eye on things.

At the pick up, I had some comments from other parents about 'wanting a daughter' 'trying to turn him gay' and 'setting him up to be bullied.'

Meanwhile the only comment from any of the kids was a little girl who wanted to know where I got the polish from because she wanted some.

DS (now 8) still gets me to do his nails in the holidays (he doesn't want to be teased at school) and told me last time that 'There's lots of things people think that only girls should do, but anyone can do anything they want to.'

Short version: have done, still do, my son has a bigger collection of nail polish than I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never even can be bothered to paint my own nails so DS is probably unlikely to ever ask since he'll probably never see me do it either
    But if he did want to I wouldn't care. Almost ever other little boy I know has wanted to do what mummy does at some point and they all seem to have turned out alright.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nephew - 7yo - loves to wear dresses. When asked what he wants to be when he grows up his two current favorite answers are "Princess" and "ankylosaurus". I have no problem with that.

But I think four is too young for makeup, regardless of sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS (almost 4) loves having his nails painted. It started when he was about 2 and asked me to paint his when he saw me doing mine. Now when he wants them painted he chooses a colour(s) out of the draw and asks. I never remove it, just let it come off on it's own.

No one has ever said anything to me, and honestly if any of my friends or family were critical of it I would question why I have someone with such retro views in my life.

DS and DD also love to paint my toe nails, we just do it outside and I pick off the `extra' paint off my skin in the shower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't do it with my boys, but in saying that my 4yo put Sportsgirl lipstick on today while I was paying for something. It's curiosity I get that.

Teasing is not cool

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS1 is six and enjoys playing football, watching StarWars and having his toenails painted. He doesn't care what anyone says!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 was painting DD2's nails a couple of days ago and DS2 (he's 5) asked for his to be done too. I didn't even think anything of it to be honest. It's just colours.

He currently has orange toenails, which look pink, and blue nails on one hand and lavender on the other.

People are stupid.