+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Travelling Overseas to Thailand

So we are thinking of booking a holiday to Thailand. When we plan to do DD will be 1. Im concerned RE: making bottles with the water? Obviously not drinking their water but buying bottled water. Can anyone share their experiences with travelling overseas with a 1 year old??

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to thailand in Jan with our one year old and it was great! He was drinking formula morning & night and we bought bottles water then boiled it to mix his drinks and clean his cups/bowls etc.
    Happy to answer any questions you have

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww thank you so much for replying. Its been playing on my mind.. How did you go with foods etc? Was bub eating with u guys?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We recently went to Thailand with my 8 month old son. Bottled water is available everywhere and so cheap. We bought a couple of big bottles from the supermarket and boiled it for his bottles. I washed his bottles in boiled tap water (though if you wanted to be extra cautious you could wash bottles in boiled bottle water as well).

I was a little nervous about food etc before we went there, but was fine once there. We took a heap of raffertys packets and rice crackers etc. but we ended up giving him food from the restaurants with no problems. Mainly just bread, fruit, veggies, cereal and rice. Didn't give him an of the cold cuts - just cautious as I would be giving him good from anywhere.

The Thai people absoloutely love the kids and were so lovely and helpful Have a great trip!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub ate what we ate - for breaky we'd have hotel buffet breakfast with lots of fresh fruits, toast, eggs cooked to order etc, lunch & dinner was usually fresh fish or chicken currys and he loved it! There was also plenty of toasted sandwhiches or plain pizzas ect and I also took a few 'pouch meals' from home just in case we got stuck somewhere I didn't feel comfortable him having the meals we were eating.