+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Unsure what to do

I have a DS who turned 4 in March. He has been really pushing my limits in the tune of attitude and behaviour. He is rude to people and bluntly tells them so, if he doesn't get his own way, he tells me he hates me and crosses his arms and sulks, if I tell him not to do something, he will continue to do so and sometimes smugly, seems really emotional over little things, whines if I do something wrong and it's not to his liking, the list goes on. When he does something naughty I discipline and make him go to time out and afterwards he will say sorry and we talk about why he was put in time out, then we move on. I've tried time outs, taking toys away, taking privileges away, 1 2 3 magic, so many things and nothing seems to curb it. I have a DS 8 weeks, but this behaviour was happening prior to DS 2 birth. I'm unsure as to what I'm doing wrong as a parent :-( :-(

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter turned 4 in March and is exactly the same, I'll take terrible twos and threes over this crap, it's making my head explode, I have a 6mo ds as well and I was wondering if it was a delayed reaction to him being born as she took it really well when he arrived but I now I think it may just be her I try my hardest to curb the behaviour but she seems to want to keep being that way . Fingers crossed it's a phase!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh this brings back memories! I call them feral fours! Apparently for the boys (from things I've heard) that their testosterone sours around this age and they just turn feral, but then again I've heard it with girls too so that theory is out the window! My boys were pretty full on until they started school and settled down a bit. I used to smack but changed to time outs and works pretty well most times. I find it's usually attention they wanted so if I took the time to spend with them (not when they were naughty tho) they seemed to be a bit better, then again sometimes not! Hang in there!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wondering how the OP has gotten on with her DS.

My DS is one month older than yours and exhibiting the same behaviours. But this is now translating into pre-school. He seems to have impulse control issues, but is very remorseful afterwards.

I have 14 month old twins but I would say the rough play and some behaviours existed prior to this.

I have done the Circle of Security course and had appointments with psychologists but I'm not seeing any changes.

Help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflowers02 View Post
    Wondering how the OP has gotten on with her DS.

My DS is one month older than yours and exhibiting the same behaviours. But this is now translating into pre-school. He seems to have impulse control issues, but is very remorseful afterwards.

I have 14 month old twins but I would say the rough play and some behaviours existed prior to this.

I have done the Circle of Security course and had appointments with psychologists but I'm not seeing any changes.

Help?
    I have just posted something similar and it has began happening at preschool,as well. How is it going for your ds now?