+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I get my DS off too a light sleep in my arms when he is showing tired signs then I carefully slip him into his cot and pat him off. If he is having a hard time I simply put him to sleep in my arms and cuddle him until he wakes again

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to, but it got to the point of ridiculous. I was never getting anything done and I was getting upset because he would never let me put him down. I tried cuddling until he was just asleep n then into his cot but he would always wake straight up as I put him down.
    When I say force him to sleep I mean sit there and pat him for a ridiculous amount of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to, but it got to the point of ridiculous. I was never getting anything done and I was getting upset because he would never let me put him down. I tried cuddling until he was just asleep n then into his cot but he would always wake straight up as I put him down.
    When I say force him to sleep I mean sit there and pat him for a ridiculous amount of time.
    We have a carrier, which we use occasionally, I don't like it too much. He is getting used to it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt that I wasted so much time trying to help DS sleep better as a baby, because in the end he continued to be a catnapper until he was having 2 naps per day, when he naturally started having long sleeps. The same happened with sleeping through, when he was ready he just started doing it without any of my "help".

This time around I plan not to stress out about it and just go with the flow. If the baby needs to be in a carrier fed/rocked to sleep, so be it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Starfish30 For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've used Save Our Sleep for both girls, with a few adjustments like patting and 'shh shh' when they're protest crying and dd2 needs a shorter turnaround for her routine. Within a few days they could both go off to sleep on their own and slept a solid 12 hours at night.
    If you're going to read it, don't skip parts as she explains the reason for doing thing A when you're reading about thing B.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

rainaberdine  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmyN View Post
    Yep it's still like that for me takes a he'll of a lot of patience and it's patience that most of us don't have if we need to get things done or just have alone time. I really feel for you. I bought another carrier today as I sold mine 2 weeks ago because DS seemed to be doing ok. We've had a relapse and now the carrier is a necessity for me lol my DS is just 3 months tomorrow and is over 65cm tall and 6.9kgs way too much to carry in my arms lol

Last edited by LiterallyNoOne; 19-04-2014 at 12:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know the few times I've patted DD 7 mths to sleep it's taken AGES so I can't be bothered to do it. Naps have been such a pain as she never self settles, thank God she's down to 2 naps only. DD predictably feeds to sleep for her 1st nap, but she's so wired for the 2nd one that often she'll only sleep while feeding (perhaps 15 mins) then wake up. I'm then resigned to popping her in the baby carrier, swaying her to sleep and catching up on an hour of tv. It's annoying, but I just deal with it and make sure I've done the bulk of dinner before that. I use an Ergo baby carrier which is so comfy, I love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyamj View Post
    You know the few times I've patted DD 7 mths to sleep it's taken AGES so I can't be bothered to do it. Naps have been such a pain as she never self settles, thank God she's down to 2 naps only. DD predictably feeds to sleep for her 1st nap, but she's so wired for the 2nd one that often she'll only sleep while feeding (perhaps 15 mins) then wake up. I'm then resigned to popping her in the baby carrier, swaying her to sleep and catching up on an hour of tv. It's annoying, but I just deal with it and make sure I've done the bulk of dinner before that. I use an Ergo baby carrier which is so comfy, I love it.
    I'm buying one of those soon hopefully I've been standing next to my DS cot for the last hour on and off trying to get him to sleep so I can go to the toilet.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am wondering what time your baby wakes in the morning you must get him up at 7am and then put the baby back at 8am wake again at 10am and asleep again at 11am etc you will find by working at this schedule your day will be easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I found this great article that may help. It really summarises everything I've learnt along the way with DD. I especially like how the author recognises there can be things like reflux that effect a baby's sleep.

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/pract...ut-catnapping/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (20-04-2014)