+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried with DD when she was 24 mths. She was a great talker and very curious and interested child (still is aged 7). She had been telling me straight after she'd done a poo for months and enjoyed sitting on the potty. Having fluked a couple of wees and poos in there helped.

After one day in undies it was clear she wasn't ready. She didn't know she was weeing until it was actually coming out and was getting upset about wetting her undies. I didn't want toileting to become a stressful thing for her, so we stopped and tried again a couple of months later.

At 26 months she got it so quickly and easily. Had hardly any accidents right from the first day. I'm sooo glad I didn't push it when she wasn't ready.

She still had night nappies until she was 3. When she felt she should stop having a night nappy I invested in some Brolly Sheets and we went for it. Again, waiting until she was ready made things so much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    DS1 was 18 months when he started asking to go to the toilet. I let him everytime he asked and then he asked for undies just after he turned 2. I think at 26 months. He went into them at night 2 days later and has only had a handful of accidents when he was sick. I never pressured him and would have happily waited a bit longer. He was an early talker and communicated very well.

DS2 has started using the potty on and off. He started showing interest around 13 months. It is still very much a game to him and neither he nor I are ready. I don't expect him to train until next year but I'll keep letting him use the toilet when he asks. Easier for me to put him on the toilet than clean his pooey nappy (cloth).

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I tried DS at 2.5 and no where near ready, a month after he turned 3 I said no more nappies and he went straight to the potty, within a month he was on the big toilet and night trained - we've never had an accident - I really think they have to be ready to "get it" some are young some are old as pp said each child is different !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Both ds's were completely toilet trained by the age of 3 including no nighttime nappies. They started toilet training soon after they turned 2 and I found it quite easy. Many aren't ready then though, they are all different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD2 was 27months, she woke up one day and said she would wear undies all day long.
    I was unprepared and hadn't even brought undies yet, but improvised with some of her older sisters till we got to the shops. We had sat her on the toilet occasionally before this, but not actually started with training.
    A few accidents over three days, then she was fine. No need for prompting after one week, and night trained in two weeks, yep I'm still amazed.

DD1 I tried "training" at 2.5 but it didn't click, and at nearly three she decided she was ready, and was day trained in three days. Both went straight on the toilet, and I did not feel the need to consider a potty.

So I firmly believe it will happen with much less stress if you let them decide when they are ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 25 months and fully toilet trained. She pretty much did it herself and won't wear a nappy. DD1 was toilet trained by her 2nd birthday but took a little longer on the night training (about 4 months from memory). I think 24 months is a good age to toilet train, but that's just from my experience, I wouldn't really want them in nappies much longer.

Eta: I do not judge parents who have not toilet trained their children of any age and I think unless your Dad wants to do the toilet training he should back off.
    Last edited by MummaOJ; 18-04-2014 at 12:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1 didn't train until after he was 3 and it really only took him about a week to get it. Night times were a different story as he was a heavy wetter up until about 4.5. No problems now (he is 6).

DS2 decided about a month after his 2nd birthday that he'd like to use the toilet like his big brother. He is now fully day trained (has taken about a month) and doesn't wee during the night. I could probably stick him in undies overnight but I'm sure he will start wetting lol!

All kids are different and I think it's important to wait until they show signs of being ready. Good luck OP!

Me + DH = DS1 (6), DS2 (2) and #3 due September 8th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    DD1was 3. We'd tried several times around 2 but was a disaster. At 3 she was trained in 3 days and rarely had an accident.

DD2 was 18 months (not my choice she refused to wear a nappy and it was a very long time until she was trained. Lots of accidents. She also regressed when DS1 was born so it felt like a year before she was properly trained.

DS was 2 in March last year and we trained him in December. He was a breeze actually.

My basic goal is the summer after they turn 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Dd1 11 mths

Ds1 3 years

Dd2 2 years

Dd3 2 years

Ds2 2 and 3/4 years

Ds3 has started as a off and on thing. He is nearly 2.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    #1 24 mths
    #2 14 mths
    #3 3yrs
    #4 24 mths
    #5 2.8 mths (right now)

I just went with when they were ready...#2 tt'd herself!