+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldn't worry about it OP, kids say some weird things sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kids say funny things all the time. It's amazing what they come out with, I would have laughed personally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Chords View Post
    The op made a thread about her controlling ex partner in the past... Language is a very powerful thing. People say more than you think they do in the way they say things. I've already commented on a previous post of the op's that she is in a cycle of abuse... I don't forget things like that...

My view is in no way distorted anymore. It's about time we started listening to our own instincts. Op knows wether this is right or wrong for her particular situation. Someone who has no self doubt about their situation wouldn't ask this in the first place. People use language to tell a wider story and after a while of seeing a repetitive pattern you pick up on those subtleties easily.

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    personally I am riddled with self doubt and readily admit to it.

I second guess myself over every single decision I make in life and especially when it comes to my parenting. Ive blamed myself for my kids food allergies, my daughters sight problems. I have freaked out and over analyised all kinds of "weird" behaviour in my kids countless times.... everything from banging their heads on side of their cot, to sleep issues and how they interact with others in the playground and how I have somehow have caused it....

But at the end of the day we have to give ourselves and each other a break. Kids do strange things and say strange things. Not everything is a reflection on our parenting or choices in life.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (18-04-2014),haveheart  (18-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-04-2014),Purple Lily  (18-04-2014),smallpotatoes  (18-04-2014),~Marigold~  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    personally I am riddled with self doubt and readily admit to it.

I second guess myself over every single decision I make in life and especially when it comes to my parenting. Ive blamed myself for my kids food allergies, my daughters sight problems. I have freaked out and over analyised all kinds of "weird" behaviour in my kids countless times.... everything from banging their heads on side of their cot, to sleep issues and how they interact with others in the playground and how I have somehow have caused it....

But at the end of the day we have to give ourselves and each other a break. Kids do strange things and say strange things. Not everything is a reflection on our parenting or choices in life.
    Kids do say bizarre things... Again I will reiterate context. Some people could say the exact same thing as the op and it wouldn't alarm me... However for the past few months of reading her other posts red flags about what she posts and how she posts jump out at me all the time.

Like I said I may be wrong and I'm not asking the op to defend herself. I'm merely putting my observations into perspective because she asked an open forum. She nor you need to agree with me it is merely one perspective to which I'm entitled to. You don't know in concrete it is or isn't and neither of us will ever know. Only the op knows and if it resonates with her and she can find some value then that's the reason I posted. If it doesn't so be it.

I am in no way attacking the op's parenting and I object to that assumption. I am only commenting on what I have noticed. No need to debate it... Take it or leave it. It's simple.

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    One night DS1 was playing on our bed after his bath. He started pointing at the wall and was talking about the man in the wall. So we asked him if he meant some characters in movies etc etc. But he insisted there was a man in the wall.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a bit confused Thrusty Cords. I don't think I have relationship problems with my DD. I do find it difficult to cope some times (I have anxiety, DD has ASD)

I have had previous relationship problems with my DH, but it was my DD who said this not my DH.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FITCHICK View Post
    I'm a bit confused Thrusty Cords. I don't think I have relationship problems with my DD. I do find it difficult to cope some times (I have anxiety, DD has ASD)

I have had previous relationship problems with my DH, but it was my DD who said this not my DH.
    I read this thread as Trusrychords wondering if your daughter is speaking/acting on the basis of what she may have witnessed in the course of your relationship problems.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could she have seen something on the news this weekend about murder/family violence and that made her think about how she'd never want that to happen in her family? This is why I make DH turn off the news when DD is around.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a statement:

If one is so concerned, why not voice your opinions with a tone of compassion and caring for the OP? I know that tone is hard to convey online, but it doesn't hurt to try.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CountryLovin For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I read this thread as Trusrychords wondering if your daughter is speaking/acting on the basis of what she may have witnessed in the course of your relationship problems.
    Thanks special control group, I'm still a bit confused would really like Thrusty cords to elaborate.

Thankfully my DD has never witnessed any phyisical violence or verbal abuse between DH & I (because there hasn't been any)

Seeing something on TV is possible. Will have to watch that.

My OP is written light heartedly because what else do you do when your 4yo says that? Totally took me back. There is however a history of mental health in my family so yes I will be bringing it up with DDs psyc.