+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default "I never want to KILL you"

Miss 4 says to me this morning "I never want to stop loving you mum.. I never want to KILL you.. I don't want to do THAT"

Is it just me.. Or is this a bit creepy?

I didn't know wether to laugh or RUN. Lol

Would you be concerned about this coming out of your 4 year olds mouth? I didn't respond to her.. I was speechless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol... Classic.
    I remember reading a thread on reddit about the creepy things kids say.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (22-04-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (19-04-2014),Mummy Potato  (18-04-2014),Rara1982  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahahahaha no, not concerned. Kids say crazy stuff. There was a funny list of all the creep things kids say, it was hilarious!

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (18-04-2014),Ellewood  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, it's much better than wanting to kill you I suppose! 'I want to KILL you mummy'

This morning, DS got into the peanut butter (again!) and when I discovered him he said 'don't hurt me mummy!' Geepers! I was so taken aback! I said I would never hurt him and why did he say that? I'm wondering if he's heard it at kindy as he's been there the last two days... I was kinda glad no-one else was around when he said it and I hope he never says that in public!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy moly! The man in the corner and the little girl in the bath!! Freaky!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest having read some of your previous posts about your relationship issues... Yes I would find it disturbing. I don't want to overstep the mark but I think we need to take these things into account in context. Obviously I could be wrong but I am very sensitive to things like this.

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Chords View Post
    To be honest having read some of your previous posts about your relationship issues... Yes I would find it disturbing. I don't want to overstep the mark but I think we need to take these things into account in context. Obviously I could be wrong but I am very sensitive to things like this.

I think YOUR thinking too much into it. From reading some of your previous posts perhaps you are letting your personal experiences influence how you perceive everything.

I get that.. I remember seeing the world through distorted thought processes after experiencing PND. When your in the depths of a personal crisis you are extra sensitive to things. Google thought distortions...

Anyway... don't stress too much op. obviously its relatively normal... try googling "creepy things kids say" and see the thousands of links that pop up.
    Last edited by RipperRita; 18-04-2014 at 08:31.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (18-04-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't worry too much. Kids of that age are just getting their heads around death and dying etc. Dd told me she wanted to dream I was dead yesterday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I think YOUR thinking too much into it. From reading some of your previous posts perhaps you are letting your personal experiences influence how you perceive everything.

I get that.. I remember seeing the world through distorted thought processes after experiencing PND. When your in the depths of a personal crisis you are extra sensitive to things. Google thought distortions...

Anyway... don't stress too much op. obviously its relatively normal... try googling "creepy things kids say" and see the thousands of links that pop up.
    The op made a thread about her controlling ex partner in the past... Language is a very powerful thing. People say more than you think they do in the way they say things. I've already commented on a previous post of the op's that she is in a cycle of abuse... I don't forget things like that...

My view is in no way distorted anymore. It's about time we started listening to our own instincts. Op knows wether this is right or wrong for her particular situation. Someone who has no self doubt about their situation wouldn't ask this in the first place. People use language to tell a wider story and after a while of seeing a repetitive pattern you pick up on those subtleties easily.

Last edited by Trusty Chords; 18-04-2014 at 09:02.