+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ring up Bunbury regional & find out if you are in the catchment area for the midwifery program there, you have a team of 4 midwives throughout your pregnancy, one of which is guaranteed to be there at the birth. The birth is midwife led & they call in an ob only for complications. They even do early discharge if you have had a straightforward birth, I.e you go home the same day you give birth & the midwives then visit you at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Being a rural hospital, I'm not sure if there would be a reg in each specialty. In saying that I've got a friend who was the only doctor overnight while she was an RMO on her first obstetrics rotation (medium sized public maternity in Perth).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMama View Post
    Being a rural hospital, I'm not sure if there would be a reg in each specialty. In saying that I've got a friend who was the only doctor overnight while she was an RMO on her first obstetrics rotation (medium sized public maternity in Perth).
    We don't have any drs on the wards overnight at our tiny hospital. The only ones are in emergency We only have 3 gp/ob's and 1 registrar for our hospital and the only one that is actually on shift at the hospital is the registrar and that's only 9-5 Monday to Friday.