+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3 day potty training?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has tried this 3 day potty training thing I have read about.

http://www.3daypottytraining.com

DS is 2 (almost 2.5) and he has shown no interest in toilet training. He doesn't even seem to care if he sits around with a poop in his nappy. Only if I smell it or I do a round of nappies (I have 1 year old twins as well) and find it does it get changed.

We've tried just sitting him on the potty but he won't stay there. We've tried just putting jocks on him but he just takes them off and runs around with nothing in and then wees on the carpet.

So I am wondering if anyone has tried this and if they have what were your thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it with my nearly 2 yr old son. And by third day he'd gotten the hang of it except for pooing so once a day he'd poo his undies , over night was great till it got cold now he has a nappy back on because he was wetting every night but he went a month dry. It's so very hard and stressful the technique requires you do out undivided attention on your son the entire 3 days, might be hard with 1yr old twins

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did with my now 3 and half about 2 years ago. She must have been 18months, day 3 she got it but night time was tricky till 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am actually on day 2 right now with my 23 month old DS. Day 1 was a nightmare - 20 odd pairs of undies and no wee in potty/toilet. Today however we have only had 1 accident apart from nap time so it's going quite well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So maybe worth a short but could be hard to 2 other very demanding boys as well. Maybe I could do them all at once hahaha no seriously would that be wrong?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did this with DD at 18 months old and it worked a treat. She got it after 2 days. We only did days though - she is 2.5 now and we still haven't tried night training (mainly because she still has milk at night to fall asleep). It did require a few days of sticking to her like glue, but then we didn't have to change any more nappies, so there's no question it was worth it. If you'll be home for the easter long weekend, can your DH or someone help you out? Imagine the possibility of being nappy free next week...

Before we did 3 day potty training, we had done part time EC for about a year, and I'm sure that helped because she knew what the potty was and how to use it. However, I'm sure this isn't necessary. Your little one is a year older, so would probably pick it up more easily.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a more relaxed version of it (we still went out with nappies on in the 3 days) with DD when she was toilet trained at 18 months. She got it on the 4th day.