+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone been to the Ellen Barron Centre

It has been suggested that we look into possibly going to the Ellen Barron Centre to help deal with my 5 month old and his hardly sleeping during the night and I was just wondering if anyone had been or had heard anything about them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't personally been there, but my girlfriend took her son when he was 10 months old, as he had never slept more then an hour at a time and everyone was exhausted.
    They stayed the four nights and since they left he has slept 12 hours straight every night and he is 16 months now. So it was a great experience for her- the nurses support you all through the night when they wake and show/teach you different techniques. They do encourage to leave the baby to cry or more whinge for a little while, but only what you are comfortable with.

Changed her life really from a no-sleeper to a great sleeper. She wish she had gone earlier.

I would take the chance if you can go- surely your babies sleep isn't going to get worse by going, so you have got nothing to lose.

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been there. Only good things to say about that place. Do you any any specific questions about it OP?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too have been there and have only positive things to say I must say though, to get my referral I saw a MCHN at Zillmere (near the train station) and she gave me some pointers as to the techniques that they use at Ellen Barron. She told me she would send off the referral but to implement the techniques at home straight away so it wasn't so much of a 'shock' at Ellen Barron when we got to go. I WISH I could remember what she told me, and what techniques they used, as by the time our place came up DS was a pretty good sleeper!! Could you get an appt with a MCHN for your referral and get some pointers too? Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been there. Not for sleeping issues but for help weaning my baby onto prescription formula. From what I saw it has helped a lot of sleep deprived desperate mothers regain their sanity.
    Last edited by RipperRita; 17-04-2014 at 20:50.