+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    April is the perfect time of year to visit the sunny coast. Landing in Brisbane to get your hire car is a great idea - would you have time to break the trip up, say stay at Mooloolaba, maybe go through to the hinterland then to Noosa? Noosa would be my least favourite part of the Sunshine Coast, but if I were staying there I would opt for Noosaville. Have fun planning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    It's lovely here at this time of year. I'm sitting at home in shorts and a singlet right now. Nights and early mornings are starting to get a little cooler.

Generally still warm enough to go swimming at the beach.

Noosa can be very expensive. Is there any particular reason you want to stay in Noosa? I prefer the other end of the coast better, and then you are a bit more central to a wider variety of attractions, the main shopping centre, restaurants and heaps of beaches. You could do a day trip to Noosa.

It would be about an hour and half drive from Brisbane airport to Noosa, depending on traffic it might be a little more. If you fly into maroochydore airport it would be about a 30 minute drive to Noosa.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    It's lovely here at this time of year. I'm sitting at home in shorts and a singlet right now. Nights and early mornings are starting to get a little cooler.

Generally still warm enough to go swimming at the beach.

Noosa can be very expensive. Is there any particular reason you want to stay in Noosa? I prefer the other end of the coast better, and then you are a bit more central to a wider variety of attractions, the main shopping centre, restaurants and heaps of beaches. You could do a day trip to Noosa.

It would be about an hour and half drive from Brisbane airport to Noosa, depending on traffic it might be a little more. If you fly into maroochydore airport it would be about a 30 minute drive to Noosa.

Hope this helps
    What is the other end if the coast called?

I've just heard it's very beautiful with nice beaches. That's what we want, just to relax and swim (with the kids too).
    We will have a budget too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We try to get up to the Sunshine Coast twice each year and we mix it up between beaches. It depends what you are after.

For having small kids, you can't beat Noosa Beach - the waves are gentle and there are heaps of families around. Restaurants and cafes are quite child friendly as there's just so many families staying there. Staying on Hastings Street can be expensive, but it is great not having to drive to get to Noosa Beach. For a budget, there are a few places on the non beach side of Hastings Street that are more reasonable. Otherwise Noosaville is a budget alternative and you can swim in the river, but will probably have to drive or get the ferry to Hastings Street.

Another place we go to a bit is Coolum - some nice restaurants, a good beach and we have found a good unit complex there with a huge kids wading pool. Perfect for us.

Seeing you have toddlers, the only place I wouldn't recommend is Sunshine Beach. Don't get me wrong - it was my favourite place to stay before children, but the surf can be rough and the streets are too hilly for lazy old me to push a pram around!

You can't go too wrong though with most places on the Sunshine Coast- a beautiful area

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I second noosaville. I spent my teenage years at sunshine beach and loved it but for a young family I like noosaville. My sister and her family stayed at a great place on the river with lots of playgrounds and pools. They still went to the beach but it meant they had a nice place to relax in in the evenings and the kids could have a swim if they wanted.

Happy to find out where they stayed if you'd like. It was over 5 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    What is the other end if the coast called?

I've just heard it's very beautiful with nice beaches. That's what we want, just to relax and swim (with the kids too).
    We will have a budget too.
    Take a look at Mooloolaba, Caloundra or even Alexandra Headlands. All close to beautiful beaches plus lots of other things, and may be cheaper than staying in Noosa.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Caloundra and Coolum have lovely beaches. I would fly to Brisbane and drive up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I second noosaville. I spent my teenage years at sunshine beach and loved it but for a young family I like noosaville. My sister and her family stayed at a great place on the river with lots of playgrounds and pools. They still went to the beach but it meant they had a nice place to relax in in the evenings and the kids could have a swim if they wanted.

Happy to find out where they stayed if you'd like. It was over 5 years ago.

Hi, that would be great.
    I found this resort, it has a couple of pools and near a big playground and opposite to the river:
    It looks nice and the price will be around $600-$700 for 5 nights.

http://www.holidayswithkids.com.au/a...r_noosa_resort

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sign up to the Discover Queensland website they have some great deals right now. I know you asked about Noosa, but have a look at Coolangatta/Greenmount Beach it's very family friendly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I'm in the process of booking.
    I found this place:
    (Islander Noosa Resort)

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g1192212-d1227354-Reviews-Islander_Noosa_Resort-Noosaville_Noosa_Sunshine_Coast_Queensland.html

However due to work and our budget, we can only stay 5 nights. Do you think that's enough time to enjoy it?