+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I totally agree with above post. There isn't anything else anybody can physically do in pregnancy other than the usual checks. Going private makes no difference to the end product. (Baby)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pirlo View Post
    My wife has no issues...she just prefers a private room...and I want the private health care coz I guess there will be more follow ups with the OB (regular scans, etc...)
    You really don't need regular scans after 20 weeks unless there is an identified problem with baby.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (22-04-2014),misskittyfantastico  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Same, the appointments with my OB were 5min each time.

Next pregnancy I'll go public with mid wife shared care. So I'll get to see the same midwife for all my pregnancy - and I know that appointments are a lot less rushed. Will be close to nothing out of pocket too.

I was very happy to go private for my first though. They took such a good care of my baby, husband and I. It was like a cocoon of love, comfort and advise. Loved it!
    But won't go back for a second as it would be less cheaper to book a nice hotel for a few nights post partum

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (22-04-2014),pirlo  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all those who replied. Your comments made us think and actually decide to go public. We really can't afford going private if the costs will be higher than what we expect. My wife had a previous C-section and would be opting for another one this time around (We agreed no VBAC). We hope she will get admitted to KEMH since we have heard excellent things about them.

On another note, will they object that my wife wants C-section right away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all those who replied. Your comments made us think and actually decide to go public. We really can't afford going private if the costs will be higher than what we expect. My wife had a previous C-section and would be opting for another one this time around (We agreed no VBAC). We hope she will get admitted to KEMH since we have heard excellent things about them.

If she had a csec first time round then there will be no problem electing for a second one. My doctors actually said that when I decide to have #2 that a csec is the best option given that I have already had one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Nopes.

If she's low risk apart from the previous caesar, then see if you can see a midwife team for your antenatal care for some continuity.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 23-04-2014 at 12:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Nopes.

If she's low risk apart from the previous caesar, then see if you can see a midwife team for your antenatal care for some continuity.
    Sorry, didnt understand your post. So if she is low risk, then she would not be offered an elective C-section? Or she wouldnt be admitted into KEMH?

Just to add, she had a m/c a few months ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, didnt understand your post. So if she is low risk, then she would not be offered an elective C-section? Or she wouldnt be admitted into KEMH?

Just to add, she had a m/c a few months ago
    That if she's low risk (no diabetes, hypertension, multiple pregnancy etc), you can see the midwives for all of your appointments. Some hospitals offer a midwife team (usually 4-6 midwives) so you would see the same set of midwives at each appointment. You would only need to see the doctor once to book the caesarean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi pirlo, just NB, when people refer to out-of-pocket costs, they mean costs they had to pay up front which then may have been reimbursed by the private health fund later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    That if she's low risk (no diabetes, hypertension, multiple pregnancy etc), you can see the midwives for all of your appointments. Some hospitals offer a midwife team (usually 4-6 midwives) so you would see the same set of midwives at each appointment. You would only need to see the doctor once to book the caesarean.

My ob saw me heaps and ultrasounds at each appointment with him. It made me feel at ease that my baby was checked thoroughly at each appointment. . Even tho im low risk I myself loved that peace of mind seeing the baby each time. Up to your wife how she feels about it. Wayyyyyy cheaper going public I would do it if I wasnt such a stressor