+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    A friend is getting married soon & I'm thinking about stealing her 'no presents' bit. 'As our household is well set up & after relieving so many presents at the engagement party, we request no gifts on the day. There will be a wishing well but as your presence is our present we sincerely hope you do not feel obligated to put anything in there.'

She means every word of it & doesn't expect many people to use it.
    See, I think that is lovely. I personally have no problem at all with something like that . I would leave something in the wishing well for sure. (not that you need my approval lol, but just for the purpose of discussion...)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by xyz987; 29-04-2014 at 14:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    I was at a wedding about 9 years ago where the sister in law of the bride was saying this about a gift. 'They only got them a cheap crappy gift & after my in laws paid x amount for them to come and celebrate.'

A friend is getting married soon & I'm thinking about stealing her 'no presents' bit. 'As our household is well set up & after relieving so many presents at the engagement party, we request no gifts on the day. There will be a wishing well but as your presence is our present we sincerely hope you do not feel obligated to put anything in there.'

She means every word of it & doesn't expect many people to use it.
    Just curious, why would you even mention the wishing well if you don't want people to give you anything? Sounds like a not-so-subtle way of asking for money otherwise.

Not directed at you Chicky Bee, but all these people that say 'we have everything' - surely you don't have EVERYTHING. My DH and I were together for a few years before getting married and yes, we had all the basics, but we didn't have a wishing well. People gave us candlesticks, a fancy dinner setting, silver photo frames, crystal vases etc. and I'm so glad they did! Because I'll be able to pass that stuff onto my kids one day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    See, I think that is lovely. I personally have no problem at all with something like that . I would leave something in the wishing well for sure. (not that you need my approval lol, but just for the purpose of discussion...)
    She's a doll - informed me that with having to travel & find a baby sitter, she'd be more annoyed if I got her anything than if I didn't. I figure next time we go shopping & she spots something she wants for the house, I'll just get it for her on the spot.

Thanks
    Reviews