+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Love: I have only ever been invited to a wedding by people that are obviously close enough or care enough about me to want me there to share their special day, so I honestly don't mind either way if there is/isn't a wishing well.

I have never felt obligated or miffed if there's one and if I did, I would simply decline the invitation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one an love them. Don't agree with it being the "only" option tho. We had everything as we had been together 5 years so was easy for everyone. We were actually shocked with how much was in there at the end of the reception.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Love them - so much easier than trying to find a perfect gift plus most weddings I've been to recently the bride and groom already live together so have just about everything they need !

I am fussy with accepting invitations though , if I don't know them very well I will decline , ( family I've never declined but friends of friends or clients I'm not close with I often do decline ) I know so many people who complain about going to weddings/showers etc and buying outfits and presents - if you really are not excited to go or can't afford to then don't go
    Im not sure if this is directed at me a bit as I mentioned in my thread about having to buy an outfit as well (only cause im pregnant) but its not that we dont want to go. I have family members in the bridal party and appreciate that we are invited although we arent that close to the bride and groom. I just wanted honest opinions on the amount to give as we are particularly short on funds atm - bad timing.

To say that if u cant afford to go - dont go is a bit unfair. Should those who dont have alot of money decline all invites if they cant afford the expected $100 cash gift? This is why id prefer to buy a gift - it seems the whole art of giving has been lost...."if u cant afford to fork out at least $50 then you shouldnt attend" some people just dont have alot of money or are under particular financial strain at the time - is their gift not worthy? Them giving $30 may be the equivalent of $300 to someone with more to give iykwim?

Its a shame. It shouldn't be about the amount but the thought behind it. I have no issues in giving them a gift - i love buying and giving presents but dont like an price tag put on it

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have not even read the other thread ! Was just answering OP, But if you can only afford $30 then surely these people who invited you would not care - my sister got married last month and she received cash in envelopes ranging from $20 to $2500 ( rich uncle !) and she was just grateful people came to share her day - could not care less about presents/ money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Have not even read the other thread ! Was just answering OP, But if you can only afford $30 then surely these people who invited you would not care - my sister got married last month and she received cash in envelopes ranging from $20 to $2500 ( rich uncle !) and she was just grateful people came to share her day - could not care less about presents/ money
    All good just wanted to make it clear that we want to go and that I love giving gifts (dont mind me a bit hormonal & touchy atm) :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agreed. We had values ranging from $20 and up. Also still had normal gifts too. But my preference was for someone to be at the wedding and not be worried about a gift at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love. I hate buying gifts for people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love them. My money will get the couple exactly what they want instead of some gift they don't really want (I suck at gift buying)

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub appw

Thanks
    Reviews
    At first I thought it was such a rude idea. But since my sister has gotten engaged it's got me rethinking. As she will be will going back to NZ to get married, her and her partner are thinking about doing a honeymoon registry. It makes sense for them as they live here in Aus so transporting any gifts back here could become costly and difficult.

I guess it just depends on the situation and what works

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Loathe. Much prefer the selecting, buying, wrapping of presents.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.